F-16/F-15 Aces II

I was at the Columbus Nats a few years back and bought as much Sierra Hotel products as I could afford (F-16 cockpits and F-100 nozzles). Very nice

stuff and both guys (Curt and Mike) were great to deal with. I've never ordered from their website so I can't comment on that.

I've recently ordered two seats from the Sierra Hotel web page -- no problems. Mike has been very helpful with information via email, and he's sending me an F-16 cockpit upgrade set for no added shipping.

• 1 year later...

Coming back to this thread: Nobody offered an opinion on 1/48 ACES seats for the F-15C (or E for that matter -- is there any difference?). Any thoughts, anyone?

Thanks, Pip

Edited by seawinder
19 hours ago, seawinder said:

Nobody offered an opinion on 1/48 ACES seats for the F-15C (or E for that matter -- is there any difference?).

The canopy piercer sits higher on the F-15E seats than on the F-15C seat.  The F-15C also went to the black "lambs wool" covers for the seat cushion and back pad before the F-15E did.  Outside of that, they're the same for modeling purposes.

F-15C seat

kY45d9O.jpg

F-15E seat

FCvKF05.jpg

Regards,

Murph

If you’re modeling an F-15E seat from those last decade+, it’s the black lambs wool 👍🏻   You could probably replicate it by filling in the vertical cushion “stripes” depicted on most ACES resin seats and stippling some fresh Mr Surfacer with an old brush.  Paint it flat black.  

Steve