Assorted Subs

I´ve been a bit quiet lately, not for not having anything to do on the contrary...I´ve been really busy!

It´s Septemeber and this month we have a model show in Gothen burg, Art In Miniature, and I´ve been working hard to get things done for the show. Not having any mammoth project going on I set out to clean my shelves a bit from ongoing projects.

Among others theese subs got done...and I´m really proud of the wood imitation I did for the bases :P

First out a Rusky Hotel-class

DSC_2274_zpsurdxzwlh.jpg

DSC_2276_zps7z5ikj9a.jpg

Then a Los Angeles VLS-Class

DSC_2279_zpsfpbrxcrv.jpg

DSC_2281_zps3mwlxskf.jpg

Back to ruskies, an Alfa-class...I actually took home the sub class with this build :D

DSC_2284_zpsuzmtfuno.jpg

DSC_2287_zpsuh8fqx4r.jpg

And a little honorary mention for this Akula II-class

DSC_2290_zpsjmp5y3ps.jpg

DSC_2292_zpspkf1y8gm.jpg

Well it was fun doing something different...and they did well in the conpetition....not that there were many participants other than me :P

Cheers!

Excellent subs Aigore - I didn't know you were into them.

I love the build - and especially the finish. :thumbsup:

They are my secret pleasure - as a break from doing Flankers and Russian stuff.

Only trouble is, they have started to take over my building over the last couple of months..... I've done about six of them and am currently converting the Mikro-Mir K-Class into HMS X.1.

My collection of 1/350 subs is here.

Ken

Thank Ken :D

I've always liked subs but I'm new to building them....I did a November class last year and that's about it.

It felt good not going anal about details and after market stuff, it's just good old fun to build subs...you slap them together in no time and then it's painting and weathering :)

I've been a secret admirer of your subs and checked them out as fast as you churned them out :)

Nice work indeed! Curious how you weathered the dark gray/black areas of the subs? I always find dark gray and black tricky to weather. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Don.

Nice work indeed! Curious how you weathered the dark gray/black areas of the subs? I always find dark gray and black tricky to weather. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Don.

Thanx Don :D

I think grey and black is pretty easy to weather actually :) For the subs I took tbe easy way......first a panel wash then I just made dirt streaks by making lots of dots with artis oils in various colors like white, burnt sienna and raw umber tben I just pulled them out with a cotton rag....took like 2 minutes to do ;)

Regards,

Don.

Thanx Don :D

I think grey and black is pretty easy to weather actually :) For the subs I took tbe easy way......first a panel wash then I just made dirt streaks by making lots of dots with artis oils in various colors like white, burnt sienna and raw umber tben I just pulled them out with a cotton rag....took like 2 minutes to do ;)