Badger 155 problems

Howdy, I have a Badger 155 Anthem, and Im using a fine tip on it and I have 2 problems:

1. It only wants to spray at about mid range on the trigger pullback and even then it is splotchy and wont sustain the spray for long. I have tried thinning, thinning some more, thickening, and multiple cleaning.

2. When I originally got it and it was spraying good,I couldnt get a fine camouflage fade the was I can with my old Paasche single action.

Can anyone help with this?

I have an anthem and have seen the same issues. Normally its because I have the paint too thick. Depending on the color some need to be thinned down quite a bit. The other time was when the paint had gone bad, or lumpy. You may want to try and strain the paint, or get new stuff.

Are you thinning the paint sufficiently for the air pressure and the fine tip/needle? Paint can definitely be too thick for a given air pressure to get a good spray pattern. Did you try larger tipa/needles? IIUC, some Badger ABs can use three different tip/needle sizes. I've got a Badger 360, and it only has one tip/needle size.

Also, are you comparing the same paint and thinning ratios for your Badger v. Paasche comment?

Of course, for authoritative info, you need to check out Don's Airbrush Tips!

Howdy, I have a Badger 155 Anthem, and Im using a fine tip on it and I have 2 problems:

1. It only wants to spray at about mid range on the trigger pullback and even then it is splotchy and wont sustain the spray for long. I have tried thinning, thinning some more, thickening, and multiple cleaning.

2. When I originally got it and it was spraying good,I couldnt get a fine camouflage fade the was I can with my old Paasche single action.

Can anyone help with this?

I agree, it sounds like a paint problem. Try spraying something really thin, like food colors or ink on some paper towels. This could also solve your second problem. Double action airbrushes are trickier to control than single action and take some practice. Do some exercises like the ones on this site to develop your trigger control. Make sure you stop the paint by moving the trigger all the way forward before you release the trigger to stop air. That will reduce paint build-up on the tip.

Don