Ordering parts from Academy

I have asked the very same question like two weeks ago. Contacted MRC, they require a barcode number which they put when they import the models so I was out of luck. they only provide parts for the US retail kits...

In other words, if I didn't purchase the kit directly from them, I'm outta luck. Nice. Oh well. Looks like I'll be going the after market route for the parts I need.

I did the same as foxmulder about two weeks ago also. Got a very prompt response saying I needed the barcode or MRC sticker because they wanted to avoid the "grey market". Fair enough I guess but does everything require a middleman to add his fees to the final cost?!

We search for bargains because we're already getting squeezed with the ever increasing cost of kits (sometimes for good reasons like higher engineering and quality, some not so good like the cost of oil being real low but the cost of plastic remains high!) and then, postage costs are up all around the world!

All I wanted was a couple of replacement props and hubs for my 72nd OV-10 to make a four-bladed spinner as on the Philippino birds. Oh well, I guess I'll have to work on my HANGUL skills to see if I can go directly to the source!

Cheers,

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs

I got a replacement from them a few years ago for the canopy of a 1/72 AH-64. They indeed asked for the barcode I told hen I didn't even have he box top anymore and there didn't seem to be an issue. I didn't buy it from them and still recieived a replacement canopy free of charge.

Reason I didn't have box top was I decided to replace the canopy long after I had completed the model. I think it's standard fair they ask for the barcode but they probably should still work with you.

A few years ago I needed a replacement canopy for a 32nd scale two seat F-18. I got ahold of them, and while they seemed nice enough, long story short, two years later I still didn't have the replacement part. I ended up having to buy the Kinetic release of the kit that came with the option to build a single or twin seat Hornet. I took the two seat canopy from it, finished my build after a two year wait, and will build the Kinetic kit as a single seater. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed with MRC/Academy. Fred K.

Edited by f5guy