F15C Question

Gents.... I'm building a F-15C from the Platz kit (which is really based on a JSDF F-15J). It's going to be an F-15C from the Mass ANG "first responder" on 9-11.

I've made all the necessary changes but now I'm looking at the shoulder weapons pylons and they appear to be, for the what of a better term , the "old" style.

Do I need to replace them with the dual Sidewinder/AMRAAM launcher for this time period?

I met someone from that unit when they were down here on vacation. He told me that when they transitioned into the F-15 they picked up our "A" models from the 5th F.I.S. after they deactivated.

What number aircraft do you have on the sheet?

scan0021-4.jpg

I met someone from that unit when they were down here on vacation. He told me that when they transitioned into the F-15 they picked up our "A" models from the 5th F.I.S. after they deactivated.

What number aircraft do you have on the sheet?

after the initial batch of A/Bs from the 5th FIS, they got MSIP A/Bs (1977 series) from the 32nd FS when it shut down in the early 1990s. 77-0100 (101st FS billboard jet) and 0102 (102nd FW billboard jet) are on that sheet

And yes, they would have LAU-128 rails. The weapons load for the first 2 jets over NYC that day were single AIM-9s (L or M I guess) on the outer rails on the wing pylons, and a AIM-7 on each of the forward fuselage stations, for a total of 4 missiles

The weapons load for the first 2 jets over NYC that day were single AIM-9s (L or M I guess) on the outer rails on the wing pylons, and a AIM-7 on each of the forward fuselage stations, for a total of 4 missiles

Ken,

AIM-9Ms and AIM-7Ms.

Regards,

Murph