1:72 Matchbox ME410 B-1

This is my build of an old Matchbox kit, so old it even has Swasticas on the decal sheet. But I have to admit I have a soft spot for Matchbox kits, for some reason they always bring a smile to my face.

Cockpit was scratch built from plasticard and various small bits. Cockpit panels were printed on plain paper from photographs and glued on with PVA.

Cockpit canopy was sawn open and replacement open windows were scratch built.

DSCN1210.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1215.jpg

DSCN1221.jpg

DSCN1223.jpg

DSCN1227.jpg

DSCN1230.jpg

DSCN1233.jpg

DSCN1234.jpg

DSCN1237.jpg

Please feel free to comment.

Dan

Excellent - another Matchbox tragic like me :D

That cockpit work is fantastic Dan. I'd never thought about printing on plain paper & gluing on IPs, will have to try that when the opportunity next arises.

BTW the ME410 is missing from my collection - I'm on the hunt for one.

Excellent - another Matchbox tragic like me :D/>/>

That cockpit work is fantastic Dan. I'd never thought about printing on plain paper & gluing on IPs, will have to try that when the opportunity next arises.

BTW the ME410 is missing from my collection - I'm on the hunt for one.

There is one on ebay from the UK Matchbox 1:72 Me410

Regarding my panel method, I developed it because I am not willing to spend money on a kit and then spend even more buying parts for it that add to more than the cost of the original (I am also a cheapskate!)

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what's next I have a Revell EC145, Heller Jaguar A, Airfix F-5E, and Airfix B-26 in various stages of completion (all in 1:72). I think the next Matchbox may be the Royal Navy Phantom as I have some other Fleet Air Arm stuff completed. But I will try and post pictures as and when I get to it.

Dan

A most impressive build for sure. Talk about bringing a old kit up to todays OOB standards, well done. As for printing the cockpit panels, and then gluing them to the side walls, that's a brilliant idea. Will have to try it out in a future build, as I do see some possibilities for that technique

Joel