Nimrod MR.1 XV238

Way before the Airfix injection moulded kit of the Nimrod came out - I made one in that colour scheme using an Airways(?) vacform kit.

I made engine blanks to hide the intakes - I found a great photo of a Nimrod at NAS Jacksonville, IIRC - and it had two of the engine blanks painted as Union Flags and two painted with Stars and Stripes - a great touch of colour.

Ah! - Nostalgia.....

Ken

If I'd only known then was I was seeing... They never did park her in the static park though (nor the two 321 OCU Vulcans that were there).

I had one of those old vac kits from the old days. I have memories of drainage ditches for panel lines. Who'd ever have guessed we'd have an injection molded kit from Airfix?

The gal in the background isn't too hard on the eyes either. Cheers.

Indeed. Sadly, all of the Vulcan slides from this show and the year before were (stupidly) stored in a very damp basement years ago, and started growing fur. IIRC that was XL321 from 230 OCU. She put on an amazing display routine.