I haven't disappeared, been slugging it out with this kit when I can. The Trumpeter A-4M has some nice touches to it but does lack in some things too.

The engine area is nice and can be detailed out with wires and tubing but I planned to glued the tail section to the Fwd fuselage anyways to save time and headaches. And found I had to anyways since I could not get a proper tight fit when attaching the two ends together without using glue.

DSC_0942_1.jpg

DSC_0943.jpg

I need to add an updated pic of the cockpit since it is done. Will post that next time. Has I said about this kit lacking certain features, it does not come with the throttle quadrant and it uses decals for the instrument panels. At least the side consoles had some raised features so decals were not used there. DSC_0930_2.jpg

Slowly coming together now, looking like a scooter. NOTE! She is a tail sitter and the instructions do call out to add weight to the nose. Something I missed before gluing the fuselage together :woot.gif:/>/>/>/>/> but since she had an open nose piece I feed BB's into the nose followed by a little superglue till she sat right. DSC_0956.jpg

Getting closer to the end now. The decals are by Zotz and they are GREAT! But they can break on you if having to adjust them too much.

The placement of the Fuselage diamond decal was tricky at least for the first one. For the decal on the other side I started at the top of the engine intake area just touching the red warning stripe and it went down just fine.

Also, there are some discrepancies between the decals and pics of the actual aircraft. One being the Tail Letters are smaller than the real ones. The black walkway stripes don't extend to the forward edge of the flaps, easy fix with paint. And the Diamond stripes for the center fuselage tank is not on this particular aircraft. DSC_0996.jpg I have canned the seat from the Avionix set which is an improvement over the kit's seat.

Currently working on the ordnance (MK-82's), and a correct resin centerline tank that I ordered from Fishermodels and looks pretty good. Will post some more pics shortly

Scott

• 2 weeks later...