NMF touchups

Any advice on how to touchup small blemishes in an natural metal finish AFTER decals have been applied?

I used Tamiya spray can silver to paint my shooting star, and all was fine until after I applied the decals and began gluing on the landing gear and various other "final" bits. Some liquid cement got on the finish, and I got a few dings here and there. I dont want to have to repaint the whole model, but brush touchup just seemed to make things worse.

Is there a way out of this mesS?

Decant the spraycan silver out of the can and run the paint thru your airbrush. That will allow you to do fine touchup work.

There is a good Brett Green video somewhere about how to decant spraycans. i've done it several times, works fine.

Edited by Thommo

I have had great success with NMF with this procedure. Go over to Zone Five. Go down to the "Toolbox." Go to page 2 o 20. You will see a post by Jens Brendal(???). It is entitled something like "painting NMF with a brush." If it doesn't work for this problem, you can use it for future use. Good Luck!!!