Guys I happened to have this resin from 3M, called "3M 402 Bondo®Fiberglass Resin". Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-402-Bondo-Fiberglass-0-9quart/dp/B000CCOK48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443126133&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+fiberglass+resin

I believe it is a type of polyester resin. So, can I use this to pour in platinum silicone rubber molds? Will it react to rubber bold? Will it cure in it?

Yes, you can pour this into a platinum cured silicone rubber mold, though in my opinion it is not the best choice for making small parts. Lots of people use it. If it's what you have, by all means use it.

USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION! Most polyester resins have a very strong odor, and it's not good for you. Some, and their curing agents, are sensitizers, too. If you breathe it, everything will smell and taste of polyester resin for several days afterwards. Wear gloves (nitrile) long sleeves and pants, and eye protection. Most of these can get hot enough to burn you as they cure. Don't mix in plastic cups unless the directions say it's okay.

Consider alternatives: www.smooth-on.com

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried the fiberglass resin I had, it worked really good for capturing the details and air bubbles were really minimal but even after almost a week, the pieces are relatively soft. If I press hard enough it will capture my fingerprints. So, from that perspective it didn't work. should I wait longer, or these will stay like this?

Anyone care to suggest a specific resin they use? I am creating 1/48 pieces and obviously capturing the details is the most important thing, second will be low viscosity since I don't use high pressure or anything like that. I am using simple single piece rubber molds.

Edited by foxmulder_ms