Iwata's TRN 1 and TRN 2

The Neo TRN1/2 are pretty decent, well made airbrushes & reasonably well priced in comparison to the Iwata Revolution TR series (sorry, cant comment on Grex). The Neo TRN1 uses a similar nozzle to the Neo CN/BCN models, so it's delicate, needs treated with respect & shares the same o-ring nozzle seal arrangement which can be a weak point. The TRN2 however uses a far larger & more robust screw in nozzle (more like an H&S or Iwata Eclipse nozzle in size) that seals on the threads like a regular Iwata nozzle. If you can deal with the side feed & larger nozzle of the TRN2 (0.5mm), it a better airbrush than the TRN1.

• 2 months later...

I'm looking for a new airbrush to replace my Aztek. I'm looking at the trigger style Iwatas and the Grex. Any opinions? I haven't found a lot of helpful reviews on the web.

Thanks!

I know it's November,I just got an account for ARC so I don't know if you'll see this or not. In any case Grex makes an adapter, the AD31 which will allow you to continue to use your Aztek color cups with the Grex Tritium TS (side feed). This is my preferred set up with my Tritium TS3. If you wish to see it in action here's my YouTube video where I change out colors on the fly in about 30 seconds.

Grex Airbrush Model Painting Tutorial #6

If you have any more questions feel free to contact me at bryant.dunbar@grexusa.com