F9F-8P PhotoCougar, 1/72 Sword

That is...wow. Just wow!

I know we just had a flare-up about attaboy responses, but I'm not sure what to say other than I really like the work you did. I really like the neat and tidy finish, it looks very sharp. What do you do for your wash?

Thank´s for your kind words guys!

That is...wow. Just wow!

I know we just had a flare-up about attaboy responses, but I'm not sure what to say other than I really like the work you did. I really like the neat and tidy finish, it looks very sharp. What do you do for your wash?

Did it the easy way - panel lines filled with some commercial chemistry. Ammo of mig Light Gray wash (from the USN set) on white surfaces and neutral wash (MIG, but Productions this time) everywhere else. Nothing more really, so I hope this helps:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Vladislav,

Excellent work, it turned out very nice. I like the colorful paint scheme also.

I am building the same kit right now. How was the build, is there anything to watch out for? How was the main landing gear attachment? That's the only thing that looks like a concern out of the box.

Great to see it with the other two Cougars, it makes for a nice family photo.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Nicely modelled indeed, even if I can't bring myself to really like this version. I've always thought the Cougar was a neat little plane but this version looks like it has a bad case of mumps. ;) I can't fault your modelling though & the colour scheme is really WOW. I do like that Marine F9F-9T though, the pick of them for me.

Steve.

• 1 month later...