New from Airfix in 2016 - 1/48 P-40B

The CAD drawings of the P-40B look good, will look forward to looking at the actual plastic to see if they were able to get it right.

Robert

As I understand it their 1/72 kit is widely considered the most accurate in any scale. I'm confident

Shane

(Bo will have a heart attack)

Holly Smokes Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not expect this. If Airfix continues on their current trend, Most of our prayers are going to be answered and Trumpeter will be out of business. 377.gifbanana.gifyahoo.gif

More-More-More!, Houdja-Like-It?, Houdja-Like-It?, More-More-More! Did I just age myself?newbanana.gif

Edited by Otto

Looking forward to a good P-40B model.After the Hobbycraft and Trumpeter blunders.Sad we have to wait another 11 months or so.

Are you saying you dont have enough in your stash to keep you busy for the next 11 Months? You must not be normal, or just maybe sick or something.whistle.gif I have enough to last me for the next 11 YEARS.BANGHEAD2.jpg Maybe even for the next 111 years.rofl.gifLast count, around 700 kits (I think) OK maybe I"M the one who is not normal. Nooooooooot.

Edited by Otto

Are you saying you dont have enough in your stash to keep you busy for the next 11 Months? You must not be normal, or just maybe sick or something.whistle.gif I have enough to last me for the next 11 YEARS.BANGHEAD2.jpg Maybe even for the next 111 years.rofl.gifLast count, around 700 kits (I think) OK maybe I"M the one who is not normal. Nooooooooot.

Nope, the small stash guys aren't normal.

The rest of us aren't nuts. 😝

• 2 weeks later...

None of the new Airfix stuff has anything but basic cockpit, gear well, etc. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the boys at Eduard are probably working on a V-1710 right now.

No engine in new Airfix kits? I think you're right.....except for the 1/48 Meteor F.8 , as shown in the P-40 announcement! It even looks to have a maintenance/display stand for the engine.

Edited by K5054NZ

None of the new Airfix stuff has anything but basic cockpit, gear well, etc. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the boys at Eduard are probably working on a V-1710 right now.

The V1710 is available. I know I have a few of them. It was available for the p-51A, P-38, and F-82 kits. This was a very underrated engine. It was in many ways better than the Merlin but just lacked a good supercharger. Maybe the Metallurgy was a bit old school. This made it a bit heavy.