BanDai Star Wars

Yeah, Disneys stirred things up again and Bandai can't sell their Star Wars kits outside Japan so now they're off sites like HLJ :(

What am I to do to secure a supplier of said kits? Is there fellow ARCers in Japan perhaps? Anybody thought of a plan to get around the ban?

Hobby Easy just got a re-stock, though it's at a significant price hike.

Other than that, I'm sure you'll be seeing eBay sellers list the kits.

Licensing is a bastard. :(/>

Yeah, the prices of the stuff outside Japan are horrid....that's why it was so nice ordering from Japan :/

Darn Disney Deadbeats!

I'm definitely keeping my eye on eBay, the Stormtrooper and Vader figures have caught my eye but the Boba Fett is a must-have for me.

I've got a Vader. Kinda not impressed. It's far more 'build it yourself action figure' than scale model... except that with the clunky joints and stiff pose, I don't think it looks as good as an action figure. I'd probably go with one of the Hasbro Black figures instead.

I'm definitely keeping my eye on eBay, the Stormtrooper and Vader figures have caught my eye but the Boba Fett is a must-have for me.

I was still able to get Boba and Slave 1 from HLJ. Got the payment order for them a few days ago so they're in stock.

At the risk of sounding negative, I would be more upset about this Bandai/Disney carry on if the subjects themselves hadn't already been done to death

I mean, how many X-Wings, TIE fighters and snow speeders etc do we need on the market? Yes, I know each one has their own unique deficiencies but each one is correctable if you really care that much to fix them.

Come on Bandai or even - dare I say it? - Revell - how about something not already done mainstream - like an MC-80, hospital ship or even a Superstar destroyer? Naboo Royal yacht or Trade Federation battle ship? Anything that hasn't already been done

Revell get a bad rap with their kits - admittedly some of it warranted, but with a little bit of work, they can be turned into something awesome.

Here is an example of what you can turn a Revell 'toy" into: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,41227.0.html

I think the reason why a lot of people are upset is the sudden cutting off of the availability of the kits. For a year (or so) you could have bought these kits with little effort, and now, they aren't easily available anymore. The other problem is that when you compare the Revell and Bandai kits side by side (we're ignoring scale issues for the moment), it shows that the Bandai kits are of much higher quality.

However, I do agree that there should be kits of some other subjects too. Personally, I'd love to see a modern A-wing, B-wing and Star Destroyer.

I'm sure there will be kits from the new movie but they aren't allowed to be released until it comes out.

There will be, but we will have to jump through hoops to get the Bandai versions, and that is a bit of a sore point for a lot of people. It would be very different if things had been negotiated differently between Disney and Bandai.

Ordered an X-wing, Y-Wing, and Tie Advanced off Amazon. Super easy process, nice and cheap, and all three kits were available through Amazon Prime. Free shipping, and I got the big box a day after it shipped out. Really happy to get them, they're beautiful kits. Really like the press-fit/glue-fit design of the kits.

Just received my 1/72 X-Wing, Tie, and Tie Advanced that I got off of Amazon for what I think were pretty decent prices (and free shipping with Amazon Prime). WOW!! I haven't built a Star Wars kit in over a decade and these are really sweet! I am really considering the Y-Wing and 1/48 Snow Speeder as they are also on Amazon.

Regards,

Don.

...I'd love to see a modern A-wing, B-wing and Star Destroyer.

+1 on the Star Destroyer! One of my favorite ships in the Star Wars universe. Based on what I see in the boxes of my X-Wing and Ties, I'd also like Bandai to do a 1/72 ARC 170 (such a cool design when the wings are open IMHO).

ARC170_ICS_zpslbcmw9vs.jpg

Regards,

Don.

+1 on the Star Destroyer! One of my favorite ships in the Star Wars universe. Based on what I see in the boxes of my X-Wing and Ties, I'd also like Bandai to do a 1/72 ARC 170 (such a cool design when the wings are open IMHO).

ARC170_ICS_zpslbcmw9vs.jpg

Regards,

Don.

Good choice, I would also like to see an ARC-170. I have the old Lego kit, and one thing that bugged me a bit was how floppy the wings were. Granted, it is lego, but when you have the monstrosity that is the Lego X-wing (kit 10240) that has solid wings that don't flop, you know what they can accomplish.