BanDai Star Wars

...I have the old Lego kit, and one thing that bugged me a bit was how floppy the wings were. Granted, it is lego, but when you have the monstrosity that is the Lego X-wing (kit 10240) that has solid wings that don't flop, you know what they can accomplish.

My 7 year old Son is a HUGE Star Wars Lego fan. I bought him one of the original Lego ARC 170's to go with his newer and slightly improved ARC 170 that Lego released. The older release is indeed not the most sturdy Lego set in the Star Wars theme. Now the Republic Gunship...:thumbsup:...VERY cool and stands up well to his play. But I guess we got off topic... :lol: .

Cheers!

Don.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I ordered the 1/48 AT-ST from Amazon a little while back from this Japanese shop "Hanariya". I got it with the regular free shipping which didn't offer tracking and the expected delivery date is listed as anywhere from Nov. 25 to Dec 16. But it shipped out the very day I ordered it (Oct 28th) and the reviews say they have very fast shipping to the U.S.. Is it likely to get here much earlier than they are saying or is that time about normal for a standard first class from Japan? I've never ordered from there so didn't know what to expect.

I'll post a build when I get it and start.

Bill

Edited by niart17

I've usually averaged about 2 weeks for a package to arrive from Japan that was not sent by expedited mail (usually SAL shipping). Best time was one week, and worst was 3 weeks. For free shipping, you really can't complain about that sort of speed.

My all time record from Japan was 4 days from that I pressed enter on the HLJ site until carrying the package from the postoffice. That was bleeding impressive from Japan to Sweden :) And yes it was sent as an ordinary air mail parcel

My all time record from Japan was 4 days from that I pressed enter on the HLJ site until carrying the package from the postoffice. That was bleeding impressive from Japan to Sweden :)/> And yes it was sent as an ordinary air mail parcel

Looks like the stars and the planets aligned for you!

The best thing that does happen from time to time is when customs doesn't pay attention to the value of the package, and you don't owe anything on a huge order! Those are happy times!

Looks like the stars and the planets aligned for you!

The best thing that does happen from time to time is when customs doesn't pay attention to the value of the package, and you don't owe anything on a huge order! Those are happy times!

Yup, I scored big time a couple of months ago with a big order from hongkong. Cleared customs and pretty much earned me half again or what they would have cost me in Sweden.

Not sure if they (Amazon) are the best but I have found them to be pretty easy to pick them up at the moment. Cost wise they tend to be pretty decent as well. I haven't paid over $27 for any of my 1/72 Bandai Star Wars kits nor the 1/48 Snowspeeder and that includes shipping (mind you I have Prime). It depends when you happen to be shopping Amazon as a few of my kits were from U.S. sellers (as recently as two weeks ago) and the shipping was ultra quick. The ones that came from Japan took between 2.5 to 3 weeks to arrive. So, long story short...I have had nothing but success using Amazon.

HTH.

Regards,

Don.

Odd as I have always found Amazon free shipping to be extremely fast within the U.S. I ordered my X-wing on a Monday and had it by Wednesday. The books and other odds and ends I order are about the same. Not sure how much faster it could be. As far as oversees (i.e. from Japan) 2 to 3 weeks isn't that bad IMHO, especially when the total cost including shipping was under $25. I guess perhaps I am just lucky... :)

For anyone in the U.S interested, the Bandai 1/48 Snow Speeder is on Amazon right now for $20.77 AND free shipping from a U.S. based seller in Tennessee (TERRAFORMER is their Amazon name). That is a pretty good price so I just ordered another for a future diorama. They only have 5 left though...

HTH.

Regards,

Don.

I too like the AT-ST. Great detail. I haven't gone past looking the kit over yet as I have my X-Wing and Snow Speeder ahead of it in the "to do" pile. I heard Bandai was working on an AT-AT as well. Man if they do an AT-AT it would be AWESOME!!! One of my favorite Star Wars vehicles. Kudos to Bandai for bringing us these great Star Wars models!

Regards,

Don.