Classic Movie Moments

In todays world, movies play a big part, and sometimes say or show us things we can't or wouldn't do in everyday life. Some of the best and most remembered are done by Clint Eastwood that's right ol' "Dirty Harry" himself most everybody old enough to have seen his Dirty Harry movies remember "go ahead, make my day" and that's good, but there are other lines and scenes from other flics that are just as good, and some even better IMHO. Some of my favorites are done by the Big A, with that thick German accent, such as the scenes from Predators at the insurgents campsite...like "knock knock" as he kicks down the entire wall, and "stick around" as he throws a machete at a guy and pins him to the wall; those are superb, but hands down bar none for me one of the tip top best comes from "Flight of the Intruder" as Grafton is talking to Doc and tells him "If I say eject, eject, eject, and you say huh; you're gonna be talking to yourself" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::yahoo: :lol: ; imagining that happening just had me ROFLMAO. That has to be one of the best "OH Shiite!!!" moments ever for the guy suddenly realizing he's in that cockpit by himself and guy who was driving has stepped out, and he......ain't.....coming.......back.

One of my favorites was in Star Trek: Generations. Data had a emotion chip installed. The warp core on the Enterprise is breached, and a explosion is imminent. They do a emergency separation of the saucer section of the ship from the warp section, and as they pull away, the warp cor explodes, the shock waves hit the saucer section, sending it plummeting into the atmosphere of the planet they are orbiting. Data looks up at the view screen as the planet grows larger, and says "oh shiite".

The cockpit scene in Airplane.

"I feel the need...the need for speed!" and the introduction of Charlie - "Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations. You know, giving him the bird!"

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

When Dr. Archibald 'Moonlight' Graham (Burt Lancaster) leaves the baseball field to treat Ray Kinsella's (Kevin Costner) daughter and loses his immortal youth in Field of Dreams.

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender"

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?"

"What we've got here is failure to communicate."

THE GOOD BAD AND UGLY:

Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Tuco: [tied up and laying on the porch of the sheriff's office, after being dumped there by Blondie as he walks in to collect his bounty money... then, the sheriff walk out] Who the hell is that? One bastard goes in, another comes out!

TERMINATOR 2:

The Terminator: Come with me if you want to live!

John Connor: We've got company!... Police!

Sarah Connor: How many?

John Connor: Uh... all of 'em, I think.

THE GREAT ESCAPE:

Colin: You know, he's right. he's right. I really shouldn't go. My eyes have been getting worse and worse. I think they call it progressive Myopia. I can see things up here.

[looks at pin]

Colin: yes I can see it well, but, you're just a blur.

Hendley: I know. Ah, Hell, we'll make it in great shape. Colin, do you have any tea?

Colin: Yes, of course.

Hendley: Let's have some.

Colin: Splendid.

BATTLE OF BRITAIN:

Polish R.A.F. pilot: [Polish pilot parachutes from his plane when it is shot down. He lands in a hayfield] Good afternoon,sir

[in a Polish accent]

Farmer: [the farmer points a pitch fork at the pilot thinking he's German, and replies in an angry sarcastic voice] Good afternoon my arse, you boche bastard. Come on put your hands up.

Polish R.A.F. pilot: Why?

Farmer: Come on, put 'em up.

Polish R.A.F. pilot: I'm a Polish pilot, I'm fighting on your side.

DIRTY HARRY:

Harry Callahan: Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

DIRTY HARRY, MAGNUM FORCE.

Pilot: Excuse me, Captain. This may seem silly, but - can you fly?

Harry Callahan: Nope. Never even had a lesson.

I was just watching "Independence Day." Ridiculously implausible but one of my favorite "popcorn" movies, and full of 80s-esque quotable lines (despite dating from 1996.) My favorite has to be during the first dogfight between the F/A-18s and the alien fighters, when Will Smith looks over his shoulder at his pursuer and yells "Oh no, you did NOT shoot that green $&%@ at ME!"

SN

Hawmps, a movie about (more or less), the experiment to use camels in the desert

The Sgt. to the Lt. in charge of the project:

We do things a little less fancy out here. Look at you. You look like the picture in the dress code manual.

I am the picture in the dress code manual.

Last line:

I don't mean to complain, but every day I walk a mile for these camels.

"The Outlaw Josey Wales" - Well you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Chief Dan George "Lone Wattie" to Josey says - (1st)That's the way it is when I get to liking somebody they ain't around long

Lone Wattie - I noticed when you get to disliking 'em, they ain't around long either :yahoo:

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Just a couple from my all time favorite, Tombstone.

"I'm your Huckleberry"

"Well....bye".

Chuck

I was gonna mention Tombstone. Specifically where Ringo is in Town and drunk. He confronts the Earps and his tirade ends with "Don't any of ya want to fight for blood?" Then from the storefront Barber chair where he has been lurking and readying himself. Doc Holiday casually says "I'm your Huckleberry"

Then again at the climactic scene where Ringo once again confronts Holiday. Ringo tries to disarm the exchange by telling Holiday that earlier in the Saloon he "was just foolin about", when Holiday stood up to him. Doc looks him tauntingly in the eye and says "I wasn't"

Hudson in Aliens had so many great one liners. "Game over man!" or when Ripley tells him how the kid has survived and he says "then why don't you put her in charge!"....

Max Bryant

Movie quotes: just too many! Whatever comes into my head at any given time -right now, for some reason, Rachel (Sean Young) in Blade Runner has that unberably plaintive moment with a battered Deckard: "I'm not in the business...I AM the business!"

For sheer volume of hilarious banter in a single movie, Withnail and I always cracks me up: **Parental Advisory: Language and Sexual References**

As for great 'moments', however many times I see it, the revelation of what has actually happened in the closing moments of The Others still kicks me in the delicate bits -knocks The Sixth Sense out of the park! :blink:

District Attorney: You're lucky I'm not indicting you for assault with intent to commit murder.

Callahan: What?!

District Attorney: Where the hell does it say you've got a right to kick down doors, torture suspects, deny medical attention and legal counsel. Where have you been? Does Escobedo ring a bell? Miranda? I mean, you must have heard of the Fourth Amendment. What I'm saying is, that man had rights.

Callahan: Well, I'm all "broken up" about that man's rights.