SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnightTwo

thank you all for your kind comments

with regard to dnl42's request for a build summary...

- over all the kit went together very well - very little in the way of filler was required.

- To eliminate the need for tedious masking during the painting process, I elected to not install the windows. After I had painted the fuselages, to simulate the windows I filled the area with a generous amount of Tamiya smoke acrylic paint and let that area of the fuselage face downwards until the paint had dried. I did a small area at a time to ensure the window would dry as flat as possible.

- I felt the engine cowlings (part B19)were too blunt so I removed some plastic from the inner surface to give the cowlings a sharper profile.

- to get a tight fit in the area where the fuselages mate to the wing, the opening at the front area of the fuselages will need some adjusting

- the decals were excellent. I found that Decal #5 did not cover it's intended area properly and it was better to paint the area instead

- while applying decal #3 I thought the printer had made a mistake but after checking the instructions and examining some photos on the web, I had to concede that they had gotten it right

- even though the instructions take a bit of work to decipher in a couple of places (because of the various building options) I thoroughly enjoyed building this kit and would recommend it to anyone interested in modeling space vehicles

• 5 months later...