New 1/48 Kinetic Hornet Kits

Just to point out I was asking people to speculate their thoughts. Thoughts can be based on the other Kinetic kits to date and how accurate they have been. For example, there are many who think the Hobby Boss Intruders are better than the Kinetic kits. I understand that none of us for a fact can say they are worse or better until the kit is released, just wondering what people think and expect.

There's still no way to answer the question. Older Kinetic kits have nothing to do with newer Kinetic kits. Kinetic can learn and improve. I would expect Kinetic's to be easier to build than the Hasegawa kits, but that has less to do with Kinetic than Hasegawa.

"There is no one reading your post who could possibly know the answer. Once the kit is released, then we'll know."

The OP was asking what peoples' thoughts and expectations were. So rather than come back with a short snotty answer, if you don't have anything to add to the thread, why participate? Christ, it's like you're standing on your porch telling a kid to get off your lawn. Great way to encourage discussion on this forum.

Edited by jgrease

"There is no one reading your post who could possibly know the answer. Once the kit is released, then we'll know."

The OP was asking what peoples' thoughts and expectations were. So rather than come back with a short snotty answer, if you don't have anything to add to the thread, why participate? Christ, it's like you're standing on your porch telling a kid to get off your lawn. Great way to encourage discussion on this forum.

'The irony is strong on this one'. Kettle, you're black.

Tony

Edited by Snowbird3a

That's just god shtick, JG.

I suspect the Kinetic kit will be an easier build at least. I dint know about the accuracy of the Hasegawa legacy hornets, but they are pretty uninspiring kits in my opinion. Lots to be desired with build ability especially.

There is no one reading your post who could possibly know the answer. Once the kit is released, then we'll know.

Well, given the fact that Raymond reads and posts on ARC, I'd say you're 100% wrong. Not that he'd comment, but there are or will be people who will read the OP and know the answer.

Just not you.

I heard the first kit is to be released sometime in 2016 and I know there is not a whole lot of images out there right now but does anyone think these new kits will be any better than the Hasegawa kits besides having crap load of weapons?

It seems they are tooling the inferior fuselage half in a single part using slide mold technology, as visible here, so alignment should be less of an issue compared to Hasegawa's breakdown :

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11894534_499853836848399_3561951958157316456_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/11885747_499853886848394_6462094425544065135_o.jpg

Dear all,

Running a model kit company like taking course in college, sometimes you miss, sometimes you hit. The bottom line is whether we can stay afloat to keep on learning anx improving.

Many of you may not satify our F16, A6, EA6B with those items tooled from 2008 to 2013 where we still learning how to deliver product with affortability, controlled cost. So we can move along till today.

For those who work around our Mirage III, Harrier FA2 and FRS1 will see some improvement over the previous kit like A6. For those who work on the AMX released in 2015, the builability is largely improved.

Taking the Windows development history, the F16, Mirage 2000, E2C were windows 1.0, the Kfir, Mirage IIIE, Harrier FA2, Fouga are 2.0, the AMX and SuE are 3.0

The FA18 is ranked as.. windows 7 in and it will be accumulated all experience from previous release.

Besides, the FA18 will be tooled by a new subcontractor which you may see their quality on the market. With the price you think is high quality. At Kinetic we target to deliver the quality with afforable price.

Anyway, let see it in 2016. More and more item will follow with this new technological approach.

In my honest opinion there is no need for a new F/A-18. The Hasegawa kit is just fine and there are tons of aftermarket items available if you want more.

The fit in the rear is a little challenging but everything else is just great.

With a modicum of skill the Hasegawa kit is just the bees knees!

In my honest opinion there is no need for a new F/A-18. The Hasegawa kit is just fine and there are tons of aftermarket items available if you want more.

The fit in the rear is a little challenging but everything else is just great.

With a modicum of skill the Hasegawa kit is just the bees knees!

I respectfully Disagree as the Legacy F/A-18 has many followers as there are many world operators. I think that the 4 Hase Bugs I am Hoarding will be accentuated quite well with whatever Kinetic puts out. I was hoping that Academy would upscale or down scale their 1/72nd/1/32nd scale offerings...... but i'll be glad if Kinetic does it.

You will always have the F-4 Guys F-14 folks and the BF-109 guys.....add F/A-18 to that too.

Emil

I built the HobbyBoss F-18A a few years back, and I remember that one being a pleasant build. If Kinetic can make a nicer Hornet, I'd be tempted to get one. I honestly enjoyed their F-16 even though it was a fight to the finish. And somehow I knew someone would call me out for pointing out another person's consistently rude replies to topics he disagrees with. Nice try Snowbird - go shovel snow, eh?

John

I don't normally post a lot unless its in the GB's, or maybe a random topic that catches my interest, and this one is one that reinforces why I don't. A simple statement was made, and an uncalled for, sarcastic, bombastic response was given. I'm well aware there are some people that equate to a product one might use on a summers eve, and this isn't the first time beating around this bush, but I just don't understand the need to be a d*@k.

Anyway, I would love to see another Hornet in 48th, and I hope Kinetic knocks it out of the park. I've always wanted to build a Hornet with maintenance panels and doors open, maybe a diorama of a bird in specials or something like that.

Bill

The OP is like asking if we think the 2033 Lexus will be better than the 1986 Lexus. It's utterly irrelevant. Once we see the product in question the question can be answered. If you find that "bombastic" (you really need to look up the definition of that word) I'm really sorry. My advice is to get over it.

My comments weren't directed at a certain individual, that's profiling, hench, in some cases, bombastic works since I know the meaning of it. But, if you are so insecure that you automatically assume I meant you alone, instead of a generalized statement, then you my need to go shake hands with your feelings. It's not irrelevant, it's called speculation and a lively conversation, if you don't like either of those, then I suggest you get off your high horse.....and get over it.

ANYWAY, I think it would be cool also if there were options for leaving door three open with a nice representation of the gun.

Bill

The OP is like asking if we think the 2033 Lexus will be better than the 1986 Lexus. It's utterly irrelevant. Once we see the product in question the question can be answered. If you find that "bombastic" (you really need to look up the definition of that word) I'm really sorry. My advice is to get over it.

You know what Jennings, I wasn't going to call you out by name, but you have a habit of posting snide, unnecessary remarks rather than using your discretion to just not respond. Your need to respond here just highlights that "get off my lawn" attitude. This is an open forum for people to post questions, comments, and observations preferably without the need to get useless, unnecessary remarks in return. You are truly one of the trolls on this website that sours the water for people not inclined to your opinion or your way of seeing things. Enough already - if you don't care for what the OP said, JUST DON'T RESPOND! Feel free to report me to the admins, or do whatever you like with it.

John

Thanks Jgrease, I was a bit thrown back with Jennings replies on all my posts, almost thought to myself I should stop posting topics, never met anyone like that before. Anyway, I agree, we could use new legacy hornet kits. I have build a few Hasegawa and they are nice but one thing I always hated about them was the no weapons, go spend more money on our separate weapons kits mentality. In today's times with the prices of some of these kits I think we should expect a few weapons of choice. At least they put a few in their super hornet kits. And hopefully Kinetic puts parts to build updated versions, most Hasegawa F/A-18A/C/D are the old versions, no GPS dot, etc. Why should we have to buy all these update sets.

Personally I don't mind paying more for the kit is it offers great decals, updated parts, bit of PE, etc. I am looking forward to these new hornet kits as it is one of my favorite planes.

It seems they are tooling the inferior fuselage half in a single part using slide mold technology

...as opposed to, umm, the superior fuselage half? :monkeydance:/>

Not even auto-correct can fix Freudian slips. :thumbsup:/>

Well there's your answer, I guess: the Kinetic Hornet will not be as good as the Hasegawa kit, because it's going to have an inferior fuselage half. :lol: