New 1/48 Kinetic Hornet Kits

Thank Gary. We will look into that. Before that I should take a break for holiday as the F/A-18C is the longest projects that we even run. I should recharge myself to take the next project.

Raymond, your F-18 looks really nice. Not to mention many of your other kits. How about an accurate Su-27 family.

I might buy one. I'm not sure. Canada doesn't fly "C" variants but I know sanding off the extra 'bump' on the vertical stab is close enough for jazz to resemble an "A/B" vertical stab. Having said that, I refer to Dave's post here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=292588&view=findpost&p=2798027

Will the vertical stabs be corrected for future releases of this kit and for the "A" model that will be released at a later date?

Just curious.

Mike

You should have plenty of flanker from others makers soon.

Raymond...

MANY times we have asked, here and on other forums, you to make Russian aircraft models in 1/48 scale. And every time your answer was the same... NO, SOMEONE ELSE WILL DO IT.

I noticed that you seem to be staying away from doing "Warsaw Pact" aircraft and instead focusing on NATO aircraft only(?). Even though MANY model builders on MANY forums and Facebook have been asking/begging you to make Warsaw Pact aircraft? Is there no market for Warsaw Pact 1/48 model aircraft? You could do a cheaper Su-27, Mig-29 Mig-25 Etc. There is still lots of room in the market for more Russian aircraft, even if other companies (AMK, HB/Trumpeter,GWH Etc.) are making them.

So, what is your viewpoint on making Russian aircraft models overall?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Raymond...

MANY times we have asked, here and on other forums, you to make Russian aircraft models in 1/48 scale. And every time your answer was the same... NO, SOMEONE ELSE WILL DO IT.

I noticed that you seem to be staying away from doing "Warsaw Pact" aircraft and instead focusing on NATO aircraft only(?). Even though MANY model builders on MANY forums and Facebook have been asking/begging you to make Warsaw Pact aircraft? Is there no market for Warsaw Pact 1/48 model aircraft? You could do a cheaper Su-27, Mig-29 Mig-25 Etc. There is still lots of room in the market for more Russian aircraft, even if other companies (AMK, HB/Trumpeter,GWH Etc.) are making them.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Actions speak louder than words. If they aren't making Warsaw Pact / Russian aircraft than it seems pretty obvious (to me at least) that they don't feel those subjects would be commercial successes.

Raymond...

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Dear Scott,

I understand your comment, in fact, the design and construction of a series of aircraft model needs years of planning in order to have a good fiscal result. At Kinetic, we do the subject in series to create the cross sales effect when you release a new subject to co-related the old model kit sales. As you can see we do the USAF (F-16) and then USN (E-2C, EA-6B,A-6E..now F-18). We also branch to French aircraft, Mirage 2000, Alpha Jet, Fouga, Mirage IIIE. Then we do Falkland item from Mirage IIIE SA, FRS1 and SuE.

For the Russian item, we are still figuring out the pattern. Su-33 is the first item we had and we are checking out the sales pattern.

but for sure, the Russian subject is not as modular as US/French item which version variant is not easy to make it. Therefore, it will increase the cost of the tooling investment.

At last, why you mention that we "make a cheaper Su-27"? Is that the market only allows us to do the things "cheap" ? If so, from business point of view, I should stay away from "cheaper" item. I focus on deliver an "affordable" not cheap.

Edited by Raymond Chung

Dear Raymond, You are correct on affordable, cheap is never good. Please continue on the path you are following, it is good for the market and the modeler. As for suggestions on subject to make, please place F-8 on your list - Hasegawa while good is hard to find, and earlier variants such as the H were often the MiG killers. Also RF versions too. Another suggestion would be the AD Skyraider starting with the AD-5, AD-5W variants. I am a loyal customer and excited by the just released F-18. Thank you for bringing affordable quality kits to the hobby

Dear Raymond, You are correct on affordable, cheap is never good. Please continue on the path you are following, it is good for the market and the modeler. As for suggestions on subject to make, please place F-8 on your list - Hasegawa while good is hard to find, and earlier variants such as the H were often the MiG killers. Also RF versions too. Another suggestion would be the AD Skyraider starting with the AD-5, AD-5W variants. I am a loyal customer and excited by the just released F-18. Thank you for bringing affordable quality kits to the hobby

I'll go for a new F-8 series. Please make it with underwing bay open,drop flaps, outer wing can be folded up and speed brake assembly.

A Pucara in 1/48 would be super great.

On the other hand, eagerly waiting for the new Kinetic Hornet. If the Hornet is as good as the Su-33, then you will have a winner.

Good luck on the Hornet.

Juan

Hi Raymond hopefully the 32nd Mirage IIIE/O isn't far away and based off the new tooling methods you are now using!

Hopefully the kits are all selling well we appreciate you doing stuff like the Mirage series in 48th and hopefully 32nd soon!

A Pucara in 1/48 would be super great.

On the other hand, eagerly waiting for the new Kinetic Hornet. If the Hornet is as good as the Su-33, then you will have a winner.

Good luck on the Hornet.

Juan

The surface detail of F/A-18C is same as level as Su-33. But the overall concept of design of the kit is different. The Su-33 trends towards the super detail. The kit is not designed for novel customer.

The F/A-18C employ the advanced surface detailing tooling process, but we also aim to make it easy to assemble with minimum parts count for maximum detail. The one pc lower hull is the highlight of the design via multi-slide mold.

With the one pc hull, we can achieve the kits with intake truck, fold wing, flaps, slat, MLG detail with less than 185 parts, where it need 400+ in Su-33.

It does not mean good or not in the design of the parts count, it just indicate the subject difference. Su-33 has only 24 planes in real life with limited marking. Therefore, the parts breakdown of super detail is highlight of the Su-33.

On the other hand, the F/A-18 series "suppose" to be a multiple-build kits with different marking and decal variant.

Hi Raymond hopefully the 32nd Mirage IIIE/O isn't far away and based off the new tooling methods you are now using!

Hopefully the kits are all selling well we appreciate you doing stuff like the Mirage series in 48th and hopefully 32nd soon!

Base on the current market suitation, we will roll in the Kfir before the Mirage as Italeri has the MIRAGE IIIE on the map.

If we deliver the KFIR in the same kinds of tooling as in Su-33 and F/A-18C, do you think you willing to pay let say... US 250 for it ? And how many would like to pay for that ?

Base on the current market suitation, we will roll in the Kfir before the Mirage as Italeri has the MIRAGE IIIE on the map.

If we deliver the KFIR in the same kinds of tooling as in Su-33 and F/A-18C, do you think you willing to pay let say... US 250 for it ? And how many would like to pay for that ?

Way out of my price range. $125 would be my personal max.

Thank Gary. We will look into that. Before that I should take a break for holiday as the F/A-18C is the longest projects that we even run. I should recharge myself to take the next project.

I'll be honest with you, I don't do a lot of modern jets. Yet the new AMK F14a is dead on my list. Your new F18c is another I'll buy. Yet most big jets I buy are in 1/72 scale just for the room alone. That doesn't mean I don't buy modern 1/48th, because I do. (I consider modern to be 1990 and later)

I thought Trumpeter would save the day with an F100d and an F100f in 1/48th. It was like somebody ripped my heart out! Just glad I didn't buy 1/32 kits! Now we have ZM tooling up F4 Phantoms in 1/48TH, so I figure HK will do the family in 1/32. Yet everybody still ignores the A37b (the one from Trumpeter really has issues), And modelers have been begging for on in 1/32 scale for years (will still be small in size). We could make a list of 1/48th kits that need to be done, or redone. The very idea of a two seat F18, and a Growler comes to mind.

Never be afraid to ask these folks what they'd like to see! There'll be more ideas than time to read them.

gary

I might buy one. I'm not sure. Canada doesn't fly "C" variants but I know sanding off the extra 'bump' on the vertical stab is close enough for jazz to resemble an "A/B" vertical stab. Having said that, I refer to Dave's post here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=292588&view=findpost&p=2798027

Will the vertical stabs be corrected for future releases of this kit and for the "A" model that will be released at a later date?

Just curious.

Mike

Mike....there will be a CF-188A released by Kinetic a little later this year, I believe. So yes, the vertical stabs will be corrected.

Sure, the GR1.GR3 already on the list

Even though I've been wishing for a long time someone would attempt the F-111. I had a feeling you would announce an early generation Harrier sooner or later. So I am very much looking forward to this since a quality GR.3 is another aircraft I've always wanted on my shelf. :thumbsup:

The surface detail of F/A-18C is same as level as Su-33. But the overall concept of design of the kit is different. The Su-33 trends towards the super detail. The kit is not designed for novel customer.

The F/A-18C employ the advanced surface detailing tooling process, but we also aim to make it easy to assemble with minimum parts count for maximum detail. The one pc lower hull is the highlight of the design via multi-slide mold.

With the one pc hull, we can achieve the kits with intake truck, fold wing, flaps, slat, MLG detail with less than 185 parts, where it need 400+ in Su-33.

Raymond,

This change in "surface tooling process" you are referring to, is this a move away from EDM/spark erosion tooling towards 3D metal printing, such as a DMG Mori Lasertec machines? Since I've heard about these amazing machines I've been wondering whether they would be intricate enough to print 1:48 panel lines and rivets onto the steel tool...If so then it would be truly revolutionary as the cavity could be precision-finished and polished first and the surface detail added AFTER that. And you don't need to make the master for the spark erosion process either.

Cheers

Jeffrey

Jeffrey,

Not yet, but the panel line thickness is among the best from China at the moment.

With the use of multi axis CNC, all panel line are uniform in thickness. Also part of the detail were made with laser engraving, the detail is very fine. My only concern is the detail get too fine, the water base paint may cover the detail

Jeffrey,

Not yet, but the panel line thickness is among the best from China at the moment.

With the use of multi axis CNC, all panel line are uniform in thickness. Also part of the detail were made with laser engraving, the detail is very fine. My only concern is the detail get too fine, the water base paint may cover the detail

Thanks Raymond, much appreciated!

I don't use water based paint, so no trouble here! :)

Jeffrey