New 1/48 Kinetic Hornet Kits

So would I.

They'd get rich if they did the 412 and F&G model Chinooks.

I'd like to see 1/48 AW-139s and BK-117s since I work on them now.

Finally someone talking sense. We NEED more 1/48 Helos. You know it's true so don't fight it.

So would I.

They'd get rich if they did the 412 and F&G model Chinooks.

I'd like to see 1/48 AW-139s and BK-117s since I work on them now.

I'd like a Bell 429, but IMHO you don't get rich in the model business, and you get even less rich making Helicopters :D

Edited by a4s4eva

The Kinetic F/A-18C is looking very nice. Will get one soon. Hopefully, earlier versions will follow, sice I am interested to build a CF-188 and EF-18A.

For the future, please do the 1:32 Mirage IIIE. The Italeri kit obviously will be no rival in terms of moulding quality, etc..

In 1:48, a Mirage F.1 series and MiG-23BN would be nice to replace the inaccurate kits from Kitty Hawk resp. Trumpeter.

One thng i just noticed is that the rudders are molded on the tails, thats a shame going to have to cut them. But im really happy about the included folding wing.

Maybe have Sea Flanker more parts - but Flanker is more bigger as Hornet, no ?

I think - a more Flankers (Early Su-27 Flanker, Su-27SM, Su-35S and Su-34 be nice :D )

YUP- and please Ka-50"Hokum", Ka-52 "Alligator", Mi-28 "Havoc" and - V-22 Osprey ! All in 1/48 scale !

And Jas-39 Gripen pleeease :)

Hyperscale has now reviewed this kit with lotsa photos. The surface detail looks nice; I still can't make up my mind (or maybe my eyes?) about the nose shape. But yet again, the main gear bay plumbing is symmetrical -why is impossible to tool this correctly in styrene? :bandhead2:

Taking Neo's point, the integrally moulded rudders also look good, but would need to be cut out and angled to depict most parked aircraft. That would destroy the lovely, fine hinge detail.

I'm sure this is a fine kit, perhaps even a great one in parts, but the Ultimate Hornet in this scale has not yet arrived and I can't help thinking that some opportunities were missed here.

Just my 10 English pennies...

Thanks a great review, it looks amazing

As soon has LM pops out a twin seater im grabbing some

Great job Raymond and Kinetic

Edited by Neo

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Raymond for making a lot of kits come true.

I really wanted e.g. SuE, Sea Flanker, Harrier FRS. 1, Mirage III family, AMX, F-16 XL, T-45,Greyhound, Tracker, Hawkeye and so on............hopefully many more to come.

So i have no problem letting him have a well deserved rest and holidays as i know to well how much you need them when you are working on full throttle for a long period.

Be honest, how about your bought to build ratio?? mine is horrible cool.gif

T.

Thanks a great review, it looks amazing

As soon has LM pops out a twin seater im grabbing some

Great job Raymond and Kinetic

There is an error in the review though:

Mick states he is dissapointed there are only two closed nozzles as Hornets are often shut-down with one open and one closed. This isn't true, a fully serviceable Hornet will have two closed nozzles when shut-down. In my 8 years working on Hornet's, only once did I see one parked with an open nozzle, that was only because a ring was mechanically broken on the inside of the can. Only a broken jet will shut-down with one can open.

He was thinking F-14.

Would someone with knowledge render an assessment of the comment 2 pages back that the vertical stabs are the same height as the Monogram 18 kits, which are supposedly too short? Thanks.

If referring to my comment, I meant the revised Monogram F/A-18C kit which I thought Monogram had corrected in the early 1990s. It does not have the rounded off tails though, which the original (undersized) 1980s release did have. LOL

If referring to my comment, I meant the revised Monogram F/A-18C kit which I thought Monogram had corrected in the early 1990s. It does not have the rounded off tails though, which the original (undersized) 1980s release did have. LOL

That's easy enough for me to check the stash. Thanks.