New 1/48 Kinetic Hornet Kits

We are thinking a new idea to incorporate a 3D demo for "difficult" to explain assembly sequence as well like our promote video.

Raymond, I think this is a fantastic idea, especially for those like me that are new to aircraft modeling!

F-14 Tomcat? :P/>

Mark

LOL... OK, I can't believe I am about to say this, but I don't think we need another F-14 at this point. Blasphemy!

I actually hope it is a 1/48 F-8 Crusader family, and in particular earlier ones such as an F-8C. There really is nothing out there short of hard to find conversion sets. And Hasegawa F-8E/Js can be tough to find sometimes.

I seem to remember seeing something about Kinetic doing an OA-4M or Skyhawk somewhere in the past, so that may be possible too...

LOL... OK, I can't believe I am about to say this, but I don't think we need another F-14 at this point. Blasphemy!

I actually hope it is a 1/48 F-8 Crusader family, and in particular earlier ones such as an F-8C. There really is nothing out there short of hard to find conversion sets. And Hasegawa F-8E/Js can be tough to find sometimes.

I seem to remember seeing something about Kinetic doing an OA-4M or Skyhawk somewhere in the past, so that may be possible too...

Word! I'll go for a new F-8 Crusader family.

i'd be guessing that their next naval aviation release should be a 1/48 scooter. it would also fit their "Falklands/Malvinas" war thematic as well....not that i'm against a new 1/48 Crusader family...

Edited by mingwin

Got my Kinetic Hornet in the mail yesterday. First look in the box and I am impressed with the level of detail in the kit. Decals look nice as well. For mine it is not an issue that some of the weapons are clearly from past kit developments - they look nice enough to me.

I have just compared Kinetic's F/A-18C with really beautifull F/A-18E Super Hornet from Hasegawa (I don't have Hasegawa's Hornet, so I used theirs HS for comparison).

I am really suprised, but Kinetic's model is just better, almost in every aspect of quality.

The advantage is not big, but it is.

Kinetic's model is bottom or right on the pictures.

1. Fuselage top: panel lines are thinner than Hasegawa's, also rivets are significantly smaller.

The surface is smoother. 1:0 for Kinetic.

369.jpg

2. End of top fuselage: as you can see details are more sharp, Kinetic's model look just more crispy, but Hasegawa's is also really nice. 2:1 for Kinetic.

370.jpg

3. Wings: as you can see, the Hasegawa's rivets are really big, also I think Kinetic's detail are more subtle, delicate. 3:1 for Kinetic.

371.jpg

4. Main gears bays: Kinetic's are much better detailed, there are many wires and pipes. 4:1 for Kinetic.

372.jpg

5. Nose gear bay: Kinetic's is deeper and one more time - better detailed. 5:1 for Kinetic.

373.jpg

6. Vertical stabiliser: both are really nice and enriched with fine details. 6:2 for Kinetic.

374.jpg

7. Engin exhausts: Kinetic is clearly sharper, just better. Hasegawa's is a little bit soapy. 7:2.

375.jpg

8. Pilot's IP: Kinetic's is just much better, with more switches and buttons, much easier to paint by hand. 8:2.

376.jpg

Edited by Solo

Nice photos and hopefully it will give some guys who don't have the kit the idea of how nice it actually is.

Kinetic are really rocking and I only hope the 32nd Mirage is done to the same level.

I have just compared Kinetic's F/A-18C with really beautifull F/A-18E Super Hornet from Hasegawa (I don't have Hasegawa's Hornet, so I used theirs HS for comparison).

I am really suprised, but Kinetic's model is just better, almost in every aspect of quality.

The advantage is not big, but it is.

Kinetic's model is bottom or right on the pictures.

1. Fuselage top: panel lines are thinner than Hasegawa's, also rivets are significantly smaller.

The surface is smoother. 1:0 for Kinetic.

369.jpg

2. End of top fuselage: as you can see details are more sharp, Kinetic's model look just more crispy, but Hasegawa's is also really nice. 2:1 for Kinetic.

370.jpg

3. Wings: as you can see, the Hasegawa's rivets are really big, also I think Kinetic's detail are more subtle, delicate. 3:1 for Kinetic.

371.jpg

4. Main gears bays: Kinetic's are much better detailed, there are many wires and pipes. 4:1 for Kinetic.

372.jpg

5. Nose gear bay: Kinetic's is deeper and one more time - better detailed. 5:1 for Kinetic.

373.jpg

6. Vertical stabiliser: both are really nice and enriched with fine details. 6:2 for Kinetic.

374.jpg

7. Engin exhausts: Kinetic is clearly sharper, just better. Hasegawa's is a little bit soapy. 7:2.

375.jpg

8. Pilot's IP: Kinetic's is just much better, with more switches and buttons, much easier to paint by hand. 8:2.

376.jpg

Dear Solo,

It is great your finally discover what we have done on the F/A-18C.

The F/A-18C not only redoing subject with just reference others kit. We actually study the "complain" of other kits during assembly. Not only the panel line and rivet are sharper, actually, the whole concept of the design is different from our past product.

Once you assemble the kit once, you will notice what we are referring to. The kit is designed to allow the customer to buy, build multiple as F/A-18C does a lot of decal, payload. Therefore, back in 2009 when we put the F/A-18C into the road map, we need to identify the goal what we want to deliver the consumer with new experience. Not just a making a more detail kit.

The design directive for the hornet project would be: 1. Fast and easy the build 2. Lesser parts as possible but to maximize the details 3. Provide all latest lump and pump, 4. Lay a good foundation for aftermarket to add on. 5. Make is affordable.

Many new kits highlight the void of aftermarket item. Respectfully I don't agree. I am a plastic kit manufacturer, whenever the parts are made in plastic with one goal - make it cheaper to produce. Therefore, we don't want to build excessive parts/option with fewer consumer interests. For example, we don't build the engine, radar, open panel. Those who want it would be 20% of the total consumer demand. If we tooled those parts into plastic the other 80% consumer need to pay something they do not need.

Like the MLG of the F/A-18C, we do believe no matter what we do, some consumer still want to make it detail as some detail cannot be made out of injection mold. Therefore, we separate it into an individual part and I believe, Aires, Wolfpack will follow up the replacement if you want. this time, you don't need to cut the fuselage, just replace it.

At last, don't forget the aftermarket companies is vital to our hobby eco system. They do provide a lot of options that the mainstream maker cannot handle.

Whatever Kinetic realises next, i will by it if it`s up to their latest standard.

If i could choose their next realese, it would be an Buccaneer.....

Bjørn

Some old subject variant like T-HARRIER,MIRAGE IIID/DS's new parts will using this standard. For totally new items, all will be in this approach.

But we also receive some complain about the panel too narrow ? So.... we cannot meet all customer need at the same time.

Anyway, the F/A-18C is the new milestone for Kinetic starting from 2016. And I am sorry I overlook the AGM-88 stencil which I "remember" is inside.

Many new kits highlight the void of aftermarket item. Respectfully I don't agree. I am a plastic kit manufacturer, whenever the parts are made in plastic with one goal - make it cheaper to produce. Therefore, we don't want to build excessive parts/option with fewer consumer interests. For example, we don't build the engine, radar, open panel. Those who want it would be 20% of the total consumer demand. If we tooled those parts into plastic the other 80% consumer need to pay something they do not need.

THIS!

Mark

1. Fast and easy the build 2. Lesser parts as possible but to maximize the details

Frankly said, after I bought your SuE (not so bad kit, but rather average) I couldn't believe Kinetic will improve significantly the quality of model surface.

And I can say, that opening of box of your Hornet was one of the biggest suprise in my whole modeller's life.

And that is what I like.

For example, we don't build the engine, radar, open panel.

By the way, the idea of making deep grooves to cut parts of wings or hole for spotlight is really good.

I like simple but effective solutions.

Like the MLG of the F/A-18C, we do believe no matter what we do, some consumer still want to make it detail as some detail cannot be made out of injection mold. Therefore, we separate it into an individual part and I believe, Aires, Wolfpack will follow up the replacement if you want. this time, you don't need to cut the fuselage, just replace it.

Ok, but following that, why don't you did the same with nose landing gear bay?

It is really difficult to cut it off to replace it with resin one (if such resin is available, of course).

At last, don't forget the aftermarket companies is vital to our hobby eco system. They do provide a lot of options that the mainstream maker cannot handle.

Yes, but I don't know why such comapnies like Aires don't manufacture anything for your latest kits.

Too bad, becaus I would like to enrich some of your models with nice resin cockpit or exhaust...

And I am sorry I overlook the AGM-88 stencil which I "remember" is inside.

...and GBU-38, AIM-7, AAS-38, Sniper XR... :)

I want this kit so bad. Alas, my other hobbies are taking my money right now.

If the future product is in the same line, I'm hoping for F/A-18A/A+. Superhornets would be a stretch, but I'd be cool with those. New family, A-4 Skyhawks starting with the B or C models and evolvingt from there. Such a large audience for the Scooter it isn't even funny.

Frankly said, after I bought your SuE (not so bad kit, but rather average) I couldn't believe Kinetic will improve significantly the quality of model surface.

And I can say, that opening of box of your Hornet was one of the biggest suprise in my whole modeller's life.

And that is what I like.

The SuE is the last item that we tooled under old tooling system. Starting from Su-33 and F/A-18C, we have appointed a new tooling company.

The new system can deliver a more accurate precision in plastic (I would say #1 in China). The only question is whether the market accept this quality with the given price.

I personally seen a lot of good model kit company cease to exist because of wrong business planning. Therefore, we come to the current standard after years of solid business foundation.