New 1/48 Kinetic Hornet Kits

Kinetic F/A-18C @ Lucky Model: $39.99 http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48031

Hasegawa F/A-18A/C @ Lucky Model: $39.99 http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=HSG%2007250

Hasegawa F/A-18A @ Lucky Model: $41.99 http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=HSG%2007384

Factoring in shipping, one Hasegawa Hornet costs a mere $0.63 more, while the other is actually $1.26 cheaper than the Kinetic kit.

Each kit has it's pluses and minuses, but honestly, the price is a wash.

Sorry to quote other brand here in this thread, each product has its good and bad point, but in general, what we have tried to deliver something not available from other product:

1. New C/D lower nose option - we are the only one with the latest lower nose option w/o aftermarket

2. Fold Wing

3. In take duct

4. Refueling probe

Shape wise and details

1. A more correct shape in the spine

2. More subdue panel and details

What we missed so far

1. The shape on the vertical tail edge

2. We don't provide the latest centre pylon

3. We miss one E29 part

4. We mislabel 5 parts# (left/right) in the manual

5. We miss out the AGM-88 assembly guide

6. We miss the decal for AGM-88,AIM-7 (Sniper, GBU-38 has no stencil)

For price wise, let check out the price is USA

Kinetic F/A-18C $55

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/KIN48031.html

Hasegawa F/A-18C $74 (sorry I cannot search Hasegawa in SB)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXACGH&P=7

In Europe

Kinetic F/A-18C EU 55

http://b2c.steelmodels.com/aerei-kinetic-1-48-f-a-18c-us-navy-swiss-airforce-finnish-airforce-topgun.1.53.329.gp.24037.uw.aspx

Hasegawa F/A-18C EU 82.50

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HAPT050?&currency_id=3

I respect each individual opinion and keep listening to all the feedback.

Ask yourself, why have Hasegawa hornets dropped so much in price lately, when i bought my Hasegawa F/A-18D a year ago i had to pay about 50-60USD for the kit, about 15USD in shipping and about 25USD in import taxes and then i ordered some aftermarket intakes, i just dont remembered the price for those.

This Kinetic Hornet, slipped trough import taxes.

When i order my second Kinetic, i have one for spare parts

You see, i have a stash of 5 Tamiya F-16, 4 Academy Phantoms, 2 Kinetic Sea Flankers, 1 Hasegawa Hornet and 1 Growler and a lot of other makes, but rarely more than one of each. Now i want to buy 1 AMK Foxhound, but total price for it, postpones that plan.

Bjørn

I've even considered drawing up a new instruction sheet and posting it here in the forums.

It could be great to have something like this.

I can add few additionall missing items:

1. Step 27 (boarding ladder): there is nothing about part F14 (lader strut) and part F12 (ladder actuator), both available on sprue F.

Also I don't understand why there are available exactly the same parts E4 and E5 - one of them is just sufficient to make ladder opened or closed.

2. Step 31: AAQ-28 pod should be assembled with parts GG1, GG2, GG3, GG4 and GG5, parts specified in instruction (HH1 - HH5) don't exist.

3. Step 32: the Sniper XR has got misinformed parts: Z12 (there is no Z sprue, there should be L7) and Z15 - it should be L16.

Also there is not such part as Z22 (gloss "eye"), or even L22.

4. There are not assembly guides for AGM-88 and AIM-9X.

5. There is nothing about how should be used parts E6 and E7 - centerline pylon (only for fuel tank, or maybe something more?).

6. There is nothing about where there should be used LAU-7(parts E85 and E86) - there should be used on wingtips for crriage of Sidewinders.

Finally I've made my decision to throw this kit into the trash bin. I'm not going to sell it at a discounted price, I'm really throwing it away for good. With all those unending mistakes, errors, missing parts and all the blunders, it's not going to eat up a single second of my precious time building it. I'm going to stick with my Hasegawa Hornets which for me is still the best and it's still way up there. I had built several of them and I do find them very gratifying, and i still have plenty of them in my stash, from A to F, including the Growler.

My 2 cents....

No all caps here (except the first letter of the sentence and proper nouns), so no shouting here. - lesson learned and applied.

Oh dear, why would you do that? While there are a couple of oopsies in the Kinetic kit, they are all very minor. While I'm posting things I find, it doesn't mean I don't like the kit. This kit is so much easier to build than Hasegawa. It also has better detail. I have a Hasegawa kit that's been sitting on the shelf because I don't want to mess with the fit issues. I've used almost no filler on the Kinetic kit. I'll take your Kinetic kit off your hands in a heartbeat.

Kinetic has better panel lines, the same or similar details, no fit issues, much, much better decals and really nice painting options.

Hasegawa has better instruction and ordnance... oh wait, what ordnance?

Why it is better to have Hasegawa?

I'm building one at the moment and finding it a great kit. While I have fallen foul of the (very minor( issues already reported I'd like to add that the AIM-120 won't fit on to station six without a serious gap between missile body and fuselage. The targeting pods included Sniper, Litening and AAS-38 are all valid for foreign or early USN aircraft as I believe that it was retired around 2005-6 and replaced by the ATFLIR pod. I managed to graft on one from Wolfpack Design although it took a lot of work to get the adaptor to fit since it's designed for the Super Hornet .I did email Wolfpack and suggest that they redo the adaptor for the legacy Hornet.

Regarding targeting pods for modern US F/A-18C: what can be fasten under the wings of this one aircraft (Hornet from the boxing)?

IMG_8616FC%255B1%255D.jpg

May I use Sniper XR or Litening pod (both available from Eduard)?

Edited by Solo

Finally I've made my decision to throw this kit into the trash bin. I'm not going to sell it at a discounted price, I'm really throwing it away for good. With all those unending mistakes, errors, missing parts and all the blunders, it's not going to eat up a single second of my precious time building it. I'm going to stick with my Hasegawa Hornets which for me is still the best and it's still way up there.

So you bought the kit in spite of all the observations made and now to prove some kind of point you're throwing an unbuilt kit in the garbage? Wow. What did that accomplish?

John

Finally I've made my decision to throw this kit into the trash bin. I'm not going to sell it at a discounted price, I'm really throwing it away for good. With all those unending mistakes, errors, missing parts and all the blunders, it's not going to eat up a single second of my precious time building it. I'm going to stick with my Hasegawa Hornets which for me is still the best and it's still way up there. I had built several of them and I do find them very gratifying, and i still have plenty of them in my stash, from A to F, including the Growler.

My 2 cents....

No all caps here (except the first letter of the sentence and proper nouns), so no shouting here. - lesson learned and applied.

LMAO. Thanks for the laugh.

So you bought the kit in spite of all the observations made and now to prove some kind of point you're throwing an unbuilt kit in the garbage? Wow. What did that accomplish?

John

Hi jgrease! Actually it's the other way around. I bought the kit before the observations were made; and I'm not trying to prove anything here - I just don't feel the kit anymore so out she goes. :)/>

Edited by flybywire

Finally I've made my decision to throw this kit into the trash bin. I'm not going to sell it at a discounted price, I'm really throwing it away for good. With all those unending mistakes, errors, missing parts and all the blunders, it's not going to eat up a single second of my precious time building it.

LOL.... just LOL.

Ok

After re reading this entire post I will be getting one to see what the Hub Bub is all about. There is no Model Manufacture that can get every detail right on every model. Things will be missed, things will be in the wrong place and so on. I like the fact that Raymond is here and is listening to us on this matter. I like Hasegawa kits but I Do Not See them anywhere around to talk with us over their products like Raymond is doing. To tell you the truth this is the First time I have ever had the opportunity to bend the ear of a Model Manufacturer and I like that. It shows that they care about their customers enough to listen and work with us. Thank you Raymond for all that you are doing!!! Now has anyone started a WIP thread on this kit so I can get tips from before I order one? If so give us a link, please?

Edited by tosouthern66

Ok

After re reading this entire post I will be getting one to see what the Hub Bub is all about. There is no Model Manufacture that can get every detail right on every model. Things will be missed, things will be in the wrong place and so on. I like the fact that Raymond is here and is listening to us on this matter. I like Hasegawa kits but I Do Not See them anywhere around to talk with us over their products like Raymond is doing. To tell you the truth this is the First time I have ever had the opportunity to bend the ear of a Model Manufacturer and I like that. It shows that they care about their customers enough to listen and work with us. Thank you Raymond for all that you are doing!!! Now has anyone started a WIP thread on this kit so I can get tips from before I order one? If so give us a link, please?

I was going to start a WIP, but I'm half way through the build. Taking pictures slows me down! :lol:

I was going to start a WIP, but I'm half way through the build. Taking pictures slows me down! :lol:/>

What you waiting on Darren! Isn't it finished yet? I figured it would be completed by now! lol

I don't do WIP other than the GB I was in. My builds suck as far as I am concerned!

I'm in the middle of building the Hasegawa kit. It has it's accuracy issues, too, and I wouldn't exactly call it an easy build. From what I'm seeing, the Kinetic kit looks like a very nice alternative to the Hasegawa kit. The antenna bulge could be easily made by using modeling clay, 5-minute epoxy, and the one kit antenna provided. One could reshape the tops of the fins while the epoxy antenna hardens. And, as for the instructions, most of us are men, and men don't need instructions! :D

Raymond, when the A is released, you can sell the one intended for flybywire to me! :D

Ben

I'm in the middle of building the Hasegawa kit. It has it's accuracy issues, too, and I wouldn't exactly call it an easy build. From what I'm seeing, the Kinetic kit looks like a very nice alternative to the Hasegawa kit. The antenna bulge could be easily made by using modeling clay, 5-minute epoxy, and the one kit antenna provided. One could reshape the tops of the fins while the epoxy antenna hardens. And, as for the instructions, most of us are men, and men don't need instructions! :D/>

Raymond, when the A is released, you can sell the one intended for flybywire to me! :D/>

Ben

Ben

I agree with the modeling clay and epoxy idea. I'm sorry but that kit meant for fly is mine! lol