New 1/48 Kinetic Hornet Kits

Was there a mention of a twin seater B/D mentionned?

On the Kinetic Facebook page I asked about that and the reply was "they're coming in the future." Which is good for me because I'll be able to save some $ for a couple.

Edited by bikerider
  • 4 weeks later...

$40

That is the Lucky Models Price before shipping... any firm word on a US Price yet....I am thinking,hoping, that it should be the same as the 1/48 SuE and FRS.1 that just came out....So that would put it around $50.00-55.00, right..... street price a tad lower, maybe? fingers crossed...

What I do is wait for the $2 shipping with lucky model and place a large order. You'll wait for a couple months while it's on the slow boat and build something in the meantime. By far the most best way to go for certain makes.

Well, since the Hornet is a twin engine jet with size, and the SUE and FRS.1 are single engine jets, I can see the Hornet being somewhat more maybe?

Brad

That is the Lucky Models Price before shipping... any firm word on a US Price yet....I am thinking,hoping, that it should be the same as the 1/48 SuE and FRS.1 that just came out....So that would put it around $50.00-55.00, right..... street price a tad lower, maybe? fingers crossed...

Comparing prices between Lucky Models and Sprue Bros for other kits at the $40 price point, the US MSRP should be around $60, with a street price around $55. (probably +/- $5 on each)

Since the kit is $55 including shipping from Lucky Models, they'll be the cheapest source, all-in. And fastest, since you'll be waiting at least a month for US retailers to get their kits in stock.

Comparing prices between Lucky Models and Sprue Bros for other kits at the $40 price point, the US MSRP should be around $60, with a street price around $55. (probably +/- $5 on each)

Since the kit is $55 including shipping from Lucky Models, they'll be the cheapest source, all-in. And fastest, since you'll be waiting at least a month for US retailers to get their kits in stock.

From the point of Kinetic, I do suggest you get some Kinetic kit via local channel. That way will support the local business. That we price the kit that you can build multiple of it. Like F/A-18C with 7 marking.

I'm new to this forum but for this is what I have to look forward to then that's just disappointing.

I am new to this forum too but... why would it be disappointing ? We still have not seen production-ready sprues or a detailed review.

I'm new to this forum but for this is what I have to look forward to then that's just disappointing.

Sorry to hear that. Instead of a vague message of disappointment why not explain?

John

I'm confused..lol.. I thought I was commenting on a thread where they were arguing because of a simple question that someone asked about the thoughts of the new hornet, and I'm not sure how I ended up this far down in the conversation. So I appologize for the confusion. Carry on!!

I'm confused..lol.. I thought I was commenting on a thread where they were arguing because of a simple question that someone asked about the thoughts of the new hornet, and I'm not sure how I ended up this far down in the conversation. So I appologize for the confusion. Carry on!!

Regardless of which thread you post in, any response left will always be the last one in that particular conversation. If you want to quote a specific part of the conversation so your response doesn't appear to be out of place, click on the "reply" button on the bottom right. However, make sure you use the reply button next to the "Multiquote" button and not the larger 'Add Reply' button that is below those.

Doing that will insure your responses flow with the thread and will make sense to other readers.

Dave

I'm sure there will always be disagreements here and there.

I think that is safe to say. :)

Welcome to ARC! With regard to the Kinetic kit, for me the choice will come down to surface detail. I still like the detail of the Hase kit, regardless of any other issues associated with this kit. In the past, I've found Kinetics stuff to be a bit "coarse". If this has changed, I'm in.

I think that is safe to say. :)/>

Welcome to ARC! With regard to the Kinetic kit, for me the choice will come down to surface detail. I still like the detail of the Hase kit, regardless of any other issues associated with this kit. In the past, I've found Kinetics stuff to be a bit "coarse". If this has changed, I'm in.

Starting from Su-33, we have employed a new system to process the surface detail. The F/A-18C follows the Su-33 with more easy to assemble.

So the surface details of Super Etendard are so fine and beautiful like on Su-33??

I am waiting for delivery of this model, so it could be nice to read something like this...

SuE is the last item by old tooling system, but it is the best among all the items since the F-16. Su-33 and F/A-18C is tooled under new process.

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered mine. I sold my HASEGAWA kits a month ago in anticipation of this release.

Raymond. Thanks for the excellent service and look forward to seeing the kit in person. I was thrilled with my Su-33.

Just ordered mine. I sold my HASEGAWA kits a month ago in anticipation of this release.

Raymond. Thanks for the excellent service and look forward to seeing the kit in person. I was thrilled with my Su-33.

Now that the F18 project is well underway, and the results look well. What's next? I'd like to see a new and accurate SU-25, or the A10 series. Still an accurate F100d is a license to print money!

gary

Now that the F18 project is well underway, and the results look well. What's next? I'd like to see a new and accurate SU-25, or the A10 series. Still an accurate F100d is a license to print money!

gary

Thank Gary. We will look into that. Before that I should take a break for holiday as the F/A-18C is the longest projects that we even run. I should recharge myself to take the next project.