Super moon blood moon tonight

But the phrase 'blood moon' not only *isn't* science, it's *anti-science*. It's an attempt to take something that is known and understood, and make it mystical and frightening.

I don't think so, I mean except for a small percentage out there, we aren't living in caves anymore, making tools from rocks and stones, painting rocks with berry juice, so there is nothing mystical and frightening. Sure, there are people out there that take it as a sign or omen, for whatever their reasons are, one guy took it as a sign to propose to his girlfriend ( he should be frightened). I think calling it that is more of an attempt to popularize it with more than just a small percentage of us that would normally care, or know it was going to happen.

Bill

We only got to see the moon in its initial stages. Then clouds and rain moved in and that was it...no more moon (except for the neighbor across the way who never closes their curtains... and its not a pretty picture :D). Too bad really as I would have liked to have seen it... the blood moon not the neighbor :lol: .

Thanks for sharing the photos all.

Happy modeling!

Regards,

Don.

And to think I just wanted pictures of the damn thing since I couldn't see it.

For me....this was the most interesting image of the recent "Blood Moon". This photo is a variety of photos combined over many hours over the Dallas skyline. It's quite pretty and shows the whole process quite well.

f72d0d4c650349fd7440e36dd44b3b91.jpg

For me....this was the most interesting image of the recent "Blood Moon". This photo is a variety of photos combined over many hours over the Dallas skyline. It's quite pretty and shows the whole process quite well.

I have to question the authenticity of that image. I live in Dallas, and that viewpoint is on the west side of downtown looking east. I live on the west side of downtown Dallas and I can tell you the moon was obscured by clouds during the first three exposures of that image, and remained partially obscured by high cirrus clouds in exposures 4-7. Not to mention the position of the moon during the last few exposures was much more in the southern sky, not over downtown (to the east) at all. I know because I was trying to photograph it through a 640mm lens. It's a cool montage but it wasn't taken over downtown Dallas.

I'll try to upload and post my pics later.

I have no pics of the beginning of the eclipse as it was behind cloud cover.

First pic is of red moon, lack of detail & contrast due to shooting through high thin clouds.

t6fNu2z.jpg

Next two are near the end of the eclipse, after the moon had risen above the cloud cover. Note the increase in clarity & contrast.

Hw0WpBQ.jpg

1PWW1ri.jpg

Edited by habu2