Black Pony OV-10 in 1/72

This is actually the second part of a two part build that I am doing to commemorate the Brown Water Navy aviation units HAL-3 and VAL-4. I have already completed the HAL-3 Huey in 1/72, and am beginning the Bronco now. It fits the theme so I figured I would get in the on the action in the group build.

001_zps7xdcbaop.jpg

Here is how the Huey turned out. Yes I know I painted the rotors wrong and have since corrected the mistake, but have yet to take new pics.

008_zps54c5d04d.jpg

015_zpsb63ed377.jpg

This is the general idea of what I am working at...

006_zps7664a9b3.jpg

Now on to the Bronco build. This is the Academy kit with the CMK Cockpit an a little Eduard PE to throw to boot. I got the cockpit fitted with out too much effort. Had to sand a little off of the top of the nose wheel well and cut a little off of the rear section of the pit area.

003_zpsscqkvywz.jpg

002_zpsm0pwdsln.jpg

Had to add a little plastic in the marked area to get the fit just right. All in all the fit is pretty good and easy to achieve (or I say that now.. LOL!!).

004%202_zpsltmjocte.jpg

Started on painting the pit.

005_zpsiqxxbcqu.jpg

This is actually the second part of a two part build that I am doing to commemorate the Brown Water Navy aviation units HAL-3 and VAL-4. I have already completed the HAL-3 Huey in 1/72, and am beginning the Bronco now. It fits the theme so I figured I would get in the on the action in the group build.

Here is how the Huey turned out. Yes I know I painted the rotors wrong and have since corrected the mistake, but have yet to take new pics.

008_zps54c5d04d.jpg

This is the general idea of what I am working at...

Now on to the Bronco build. This is the Academy kit with the CMK Cockpit an a little Eduard PE to throw to boot. I got the cockpit fitted with out too much effort. Had to sand a little off of the top of the nose wheel well and cut a little off of the rear section of the pit area.

Had to add a little plastic in the marked area to get the fit just right. All in all the fit is pretty good and easy to achieve (or I say that now.. LOL!!).

Started on painting the pit.

Nice Huey! Is this Italeri kit? Cheer,

let_models :)

• 3 weeks later...

A small update on the little Pony. Most of the work done has been in the cockpit and seats. I am learning that 1/72 is not really my cup of tea for these eyes and fat thumbs. Anyway the pit and seats are painted. and the IP's PE has been installed. I will install the glare shields after all of the gap filling and sanding of the fuse has been done.

Studio_20151019_234646_zps8jvyideh.jpg

Studio_20151019_234435_zpsxvyvj8d9.jpg

Studio_20151019_234823_zpsj29bjwbm.jpg

also got the wing and tail booms built up

Studio_20151019_235042_zpsdf69qvyj.jpg

The stub wing has a huge gap.

20151020_023019-1_zpse7hmsqzo.jpg

Time to bring out the super glue and filler and let the fun begin.

Oh good. Its not just me that had that fit problem. Also be aware that the boom to wing fit can be dodgy.

Yea I did a dry fit of the wing to the booms and there was a small gap, but much more manageable than the one up above. To make it easier I just tape off the gap and then fill it with two layers of CA. The tape keeps it in the crack, and also provides protection of the surrounding areas of plastic while sanding.

20151021_031014_zpstuv1oqtt.jpg