Cockpit painting question.

Hello ARC,

I am starting on a build and i have become indecisive how i am going to paint my cockpit consoles and I.P. It seams the panel is black at the top and some grey (gray) trim around its edges. Can anyone point me in the right direction on achieving this? I have researched some builds in the WIP section but i still really have not come up with a plan. I plan on using an airbrush. I am moving onto other areas of the build until i make a decision. I will also post photos of the progress once i have some of the build completed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Mike

I have been rolling along with the build so far. I have encountered some minor fit problems that very well could be do to my inexperience. The intakes are fitted to the lower fuselage and i had some difficulties matching them to the sides of the rear fuselage. The intakes run from front of the intake to the rear fuselage sides. The rear is where i came into a bit of a problem. The molding of the upper panel on the nose was okay except for a small gap in the lower front of the panel. It looks like it was not molded completely because every other part of the panel fit great. This is great experience for my next builds and that is how i engaged the project from the start. I am enjoying the build and i have some photos i will post when i am finished. I am at ~45% complete with only a couple hours into the build so i am rushing it.

Has anyone experienced this kit? Any thoughts before i continue?

Thanks again to Kaibutsu and Aurora Mark for the excellent tips on the cockpit which i will tackle today.

ITS FRIDAY!!

Mike

Thank you. For the reply. It has been a challenge. The cockpit sidewalls do not meet the fuselage sides leaving a gap on both sides!!😱 I will have to use some scrap to fill the haps. What a PITA!