Badger 105 question,

Hey all,

A few weeks ago, I picked up a Badger 105 Patriot airbrush. Now, first off, it's been about 5 years since I've used a dual action, my first one was a Paasche VLS...cratered about 5 years ago. So now I've got the Badger 105.

I was using it last night, playing around with it, trying to get a feel for it at different pressures...mainly 10-15psi (as recommended by Badger), up to 20psi and down to 5 psi. One thing I noticed when I was between 15-20psi, and sometimes even at 10psi, when I pressed down on the trigger to get airflow, the paint would come out before pulling back on it. That doesn't seem right to me at all. So I cleaned it out, tried again and got the same results.

Paint I was using was Vallejo Model Air. 10 drops of paint, 4 drops of thinner. Second attempt was 10 drops paint to 2 drops thinner.

I know VMA is supposed to be prethinned for airbrush use, but I've found that it helps with a little extra.

Any suggestions as too what I could be doing wrong? Paint maybe too thin?

Thanks,

Doug

Agree, if paint is coming out before you've pulled back, the needle isn't properly seated, OR you may have a split nozzle tip. This latter can come about if you tried to seat the needle with too much enthusiasm.

Water or airbrush cleaner should show you any paint flow problems without wasting paint.

You could also have debris in the nozzle. It can be hard to spot, but some bright lights and a tiny brush should be able to probe the tiny crevasses. It will also show as restricted paint flow, even with the needle pulled all the way back.