Russian Air Strikes in Syria

Does Trumpeters Su-30 have canards? ;) yes/no? Trumpeter Su-30 is the Su-30MKK version. There are two main Su-30 versions; Su-30MKK/MK2 and Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA/SM. The former is what Trump has made, the later is much more advanced and has canards along with TVC and many other changes. There is plenty on this on the jetforum section.

Have you checked any link posted in this thread? Basically every link shows them.

so confusing, so many variants of the Flanker, with and w/o canards pilots in a row or side by side, I can't keep up with which variant is most modern, which for air to air which for air to ground

Su-30SMs in Domna used for air defence roles, so after rebased to Syria its used in same missions.

About decals - now i'm collect information for two new decals: "Su-30s from Irkutsk" and "Su-30s from Komsomolsk"/

Anyone noticed the [iLS?] antenna just in front of the windscreen on the Su-34? Haven't seen it there yet until now...

It has been there for a few years, unsure what it was for again.

Very interesting to see how other forces conduct deployed ops. I always found the day to day stuff interesting whenever I deployed to some place overseas.

I'm surprised they let the civilian guy around the aircraft as it sat armed up.

What type of bombs are those that are on the Su-25 pylons (as well as on Su-34 and 24 in a few pics and videos), is that pretty much the Russian general purpose type bomb, a cluster munition?

Su-24M's has been using OFAB-250-270's and same with Su-25SM, i think. Su-24M's have also used Kh-25 i think while Su-34 has only been using KAB-500S (GPS/GLONASS guided bomb) so far.

There are no Russian MiG-29s at Latakia. Either the Turks misidentified the a/c or it was a Syrian MiG-29.

There are Russian MiG-29s based near the Turkish border, but this would be Turkey's eastern border with Armenia. There are always VVS MiG-29s on QRA at Erebuni. This is hundreds of miles away from Syria.