Russian Air Strikes in Syria

Trumpeter have a Su30 in 1/32??? But maybe the wrong version? I think it is the chinese version...

You can convert Trumpeter's 1/72 Su-30MKK into an Su-30SM, it's not prohibitively difficult if you have the patience...Flankerman's build of one is here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=263052&st=0&p=2495365&hl=su-30sm&fromsearch=1entry2495365

Trying to do one myself, though mine will probably look like the equivalent of a Nakotne or Esci-Ertl take on an Su-30SM. Appreciating the photos so far, guys!

It's a violation of Hague Law,

Part II, Chapter 1, Article 3 states:

Art. 3. A military aircraft must carry an exterior mark indicating its nationality and its military character.

Art. 7. The exterior marks required by the above articles shall be affixed in such manner as to make it impossible for them to be altered during flight. They shall be as large as possible and shall be visible from above, from below and from either side.

Art. 8. The exterior marks required by the regulations in force in each State shall be brought without delay to the knowledge of all the other Powers.

Modifications made in time of peace in the regulations requiring exterior marks shall be brought to the knowledge of all the other Powers before being put in force.

Modifications made in such regulations at the outbreak or in course of hostilities shall be brought by each Power to the knowledge of all the other Powers as soon as possible and at the latest when they are communicated to its fighting forces.

Why did the Russians never applied low vis stencils on there aircraft or miniature its Red Star insignia?

I mean the red modex could be a low vis one..?

Also pictures show the SU-34/SU-25 pilots not wearing g-suits.. just Levi's?

Aviationist

shows the 'mystery' plane locked on the TuAF F-16s for several while, just to see what decals they use?

Edited by cag_200

I guess now it's okay the Trumpeter didn't include the o/b pylon on their 1/32 Su-25 kit:

http://cdn1.img.sputniknews.com/images/102809/83/1028098332.jpg

note the low viz star on the tail, either that or not finished fully painted yet.

Jari

Neither did they include an accurate kit or a kit of Su-25SM.

I wonder what in earths name drives a person to fly the SU-25?

The SU-34 is a different story ;)/>/>/> So any news of which Russian naval ships took part in the action by firing these cruise missiles? Any hits?

Edited by cag_200

The SU-34 is a different story ;)/>/>/>/> So any news of which Russian naval ships took part in the action by firing these cruise missiles? Any hits?

Video shows:

Gepard-class frigate (x1) followed by three Buyan-M class corvettes. Currently Russians have two Gepard frigates and three Buyan-M corvettes in Caspian sea. These are the only ships that could launch these missiles (probably Kalibr-NK).

Some cruisemissiles seem to have hit military syrian base al-Tabqa owned by ISil, now ruined. This could be a start of creating a diorama 1/700 !

Is there a decalsheet available with ISIL missions, like bomb-sorties? For instance: Toyota Trucks?

Edited by cag_200

Found this on the RuAF in Syria Facebook link above, Bort White 22

White%2022_zpsmi8a4g1x.jpg

Don't know if the tail number is RF90983 but it looks to be fresher paint with shorter white on the nose than my recently finished Fencer.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=287078

So many variations on RuAF aircraft year to year. This one seems to have artwork on the port intake.

John

Edited by Raptor01

Same thing that makes a person fly an A-10. I'd do it! I know A2A gets all the glory, but when I was in flight school I liked the idea of flying over a battlefield where nobody else could fly...UNFAIR FIGHT! Except for the SAMs and AAA.... <_<