Couldn't be more Canadian if we tried!

The folks in The Glebe were already complaining about the Football game noise (even though TD Place raised their properly values by about 10x)

To be able to live in the Glebe you have to be able to complain about everything, or they won't let you in.

To be able to live in the Glebe you have to be able to complain about everything, or they won't let you in.

My father always referred to them as C.A.V.E. (Citizens. Against. Virtually. Everything.)

I remember a couple of years ago when the Snowbirds flew over my neighbourhood. Idiot neighbour said she was scared of all the BOMBERS!!! Flying over and it shouldn't happen.

Seriously, the SNOWBIRDS!!! flying bombers.soapbox.gif Can't stand stupid people as much as I used too.

I remember a couple of years ago when the Snowbirds flew over my neighbourhood. Idiot neighbour said she was scared of all the BOMBERS!!! Flying over and it shouldn't happen.

Seriously, the SNOWBIRDS!!! flying bombers.soapbox.gif Can't stand stupid people as much as I used too.

Must have thought they were Malaysian CL-41G's

Their underwear must have REALLY been in a knot a few weeks back when AC / DC played at TD Place!

Just for giggles, I read some of the comments in the hot linked article. One summed it up perfectly. Sheep scare easily. As Lowell Green would say, "What do you expect from a bunch of Birkenstock wearing, bicycle riding, granola eating, NDP voting, NIMBY types!?" Only in the Glebe. They are such whiners.

It's not so much a Canadian thing as its a dumbass social media mole who never goes outside thing. Guarantee the same things get said anywhere in the U.S. when there's flyovers near homes.

We used to have an absolutely fantastic air show at a little airport in Akron (coincidentally the same airport they used to build the Goodyear Corsairs if you want to look it up) and it never failed that there would be news reports and articles in the paper of people calling the cops incessantly because of the noise. Claiming windows were broken and other nonsensory. Of course due to funding it no longer exists. This was all before social media too so I can't imagine how bad it would be now.

It's not so much a Canadian thing as its a dumbass social media mole who never goes outside thing. Guarantee the same things get said anywhere in the U.S. when there's flyovers near homes.

if it were social media moles, that wouldn't be a problem. The RCAF had been announcing this event for days. It was on their Facebook page and twitter feed. It was on the Facebook page and Twitter feeds of various local news stations, radio stations, and the CBC. It was also mentioned on local radio broadcasts. If people were on social media or paying attention to local media sources, I'd have to think they were exposed to the announcement at some point.

But sadly for these people, the announcement never made it on to The View or Maury Povich so they claim there was no way for them to know. Kim Kardashian never said anything about it so clearly it wasn't worth knowing about.

...As Lowell Green would say, "What do you expect from a bunch of Birkenstock wearing, bicycle riding, granola eating, NDP voting, NIMBY types!?"

...But sadly for these people, the announcement never made it on to The View or Maury Povich so they claim there was no way for them to know. Kim Kardashian never said anything about it so clearly it wasn't worth knowing about.

:rofl: ...oh too true! Funny stuff.

The time: Summer 1956

The Place: Downsview Ont

The Situation: The control tower outside phone rings and I answer after giving landing clearance to a 436 Sqn C-119G. The lady at the other end of Ma Bell's wonderful invention starts with a tirade about the "giant twin engine bomber" that just flew over her house so low that it blew the freshly washed clothes off of the clothes line.

"Did you get the identification of the aircraft?"

"No, it was too far away!"

"Did you see any markings that would help identify the type of aircraft?"

"No, it was too far away but I think that there were maple leaf looking things on it."

"Well madam just be thankful that those markings were not big RED STARS!" CLICK

Damn that made me feel good.

Barney

"Did you get the identification of the aircraft?"

"No, it was too far away!"

"Did you see any markings that would help identify the type of aircraft?"

"No, it was too far away but I think that there were maple leaf looking things on it."

"Well madam just be thankful that those markings were not big RED STARS!" CLICK

Damn that made me feel good.

Barney

Priceless Barney.

Thanks Steve: After 49 years in ATC the situations like this still make me chuckle. There are plenty of complainers out there and they have the noise complaint line on speed-dial, Fortunately in the old days there was no such thing...they had to look up the number and actually dial.

Barney

Edited by Barneydhc82

Their underwear must have REALLY been in a knot a few weeks back when AC / DC played at TD Place!

Just for giggles, I read some of the comments in the hot linked article. One summed it up perfectly. Sheep scare easily. As Lowell Green would say, "What do you expect from a bunch of Birkenstock wearing, bicycle riding, granola eating, NDP voting, NIMBY types!?" Only in the Glebe. They are such whiners.

LOL.....You forgot the JC Waterwalker Sandals with socks....

Mind you I'm NDP voting Granola eating........ ACDC listening you know for the Calming Classical stuff..... ROFLMAO

Had a complaint from a farmer once when I was out and about. Nothing against farmers, just a fact of this story that this man who approached me was a farmer. I was in my flight suit at Canadian tire picking up some supplies quickly.

"One of your aircraft buzzed my field and scared my animals."

Now, we do PAR approaches and regular circuits, but this may very well have happened. The old gal might be 35, but kicked up at low level she still screams by (and sounds awesome). So, this may very well have happened. But, as we also have Hercs and other a/c, I was going to be diplomatic as best I could. Afterall, I was wearing my flight suit, so being the fool I have been known to be from time to time need not apply here. I said "Sir, first of all, I am sorry to hear that. I hope the animals are fine."

"They're all good, but what in the world has you flying like lunatics that low and slow. It's enough!"

"Sir, just because we have a few types of aircraft, can you describe it to me?"

"Why?"

"Well, depending on the aircraft type, I can provide you with the appropriate squadron operations office to call and lodge a complaint."

"Okay, well, let me recall... it had a wing."

Always a good sign that your aircraft has a wing... but not enough. "Sir, did it have an engine?"

"Of course it did, what kind of stupid question is that? It had an engine and wings."

...ummmm... wait... "AN engine? Just one?"

"Yes!"

"Sir, if you don't mind my asking, what colours did you see?

"White and blue."

"Sir, if you don't mind, I'm just going to pull my phone out to look up the number for you to call."

Gave him the number to the local county airfield and said "Call them Sir, and tell them that a big single engined CP-140 Aurora, painted blue and white was circling your house and you would like them to stop."

"What's an Aurora?"

Canadian Tire is close enough to the airfield that you can often see our aircraft taking off/landing practicing approaches. I pointed to one about 3 miles out circling in for an approach and said "That's an Aurora."

"THAT IS NOT the plane that was buzzing me!"

"Have a great day Sir." I smiled and walked away to my car.

Mark.