Round 2/MPC 22" Eagle test shot!

Thanks to a combination of modeling luck and skill, I was able to get my hands on a first run test shot of the upcoming 22" Eagle Transporter kit from Space: 1999. Before starting work on it, I shot several photos and posted a kit unboxing on Youtube. CultTVman.com posted the photos (and a link to the video) yesterday and here it is for your viewing pleasure.

This is a well designed kit and so far the quality of its design looks great. Look close at the pictures and you can probably make out the Revell, Airfix and Tamiya parts influences. This kit is exactly 1/2 size of the 44" studio models built for the show and the greeblie details found on it are faithful to the original pieces (right down to the tiny Airfix LEM bits on the passageways and the Gemini pilots). Enjoy!

http://culttvman.com/main/sneak-peak-round-2s-space-1999-22-inch-eagle-by-jay-chladek/

• 3 weeks later...

When is the actual release date in North America?

They've been shooting for late November, but I have no idea if they are on track for that or if the date might slip. The test shot I have is fitting together very well with only a couple areas that I've needed to address due to this specific example's pre-production nature. It will be worth the wait. Main thing is it takes about a month for the production samples to cross the ocean from China once everything is done and I haven't heard word of whether or not that has happened yet.

• 1 month later...

Here are Parts 2 and 3 of my video diary documenting the build of the 22" Eagle test shot:

Part 2

Part 3

As for the release date, it has slipped. There is a chance it might be out by the end of December, but I say it is more likely to not appear until early January. It will be worth the wait though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the videos Jay. Can't wait to get my 3 kits.

Just received an update on my pre-order and it does look promising that the kits could be in around the new year. This could still slip a bit and the accessory kits will be following up later.

Better finish my scratch built 22" Eagle (with some AB Models parts) before I get side tracked with these new ones:

001_p1140131_2.jpg

Cheers,

John

• 4 weeks later...

I dropped by the LHS to browse around and found one sitting on the shelf, so I picked it up. $120 + tax, but no shipping, so it wasn't too far off what I've seen offered online. I didn't realize they were hitting the shelves already, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hear the first run sold out... Got my two for now!

Probably the distributors have shipped out all of their first run stock. Several online shops are still showing stock on the kit.

Cheers,

John