What's bingeworthy these days?

Starting to run low on TV shows worth watching. Gave up on the US legacy networks ages ago (does anyone still watch NBC/ABC/CBS for anything besides sports and maybe 60 Minutes?), most of our viewing is via Netflicks and Hulu. Looking for some new shows to watch. We've burned through the usual list - House of Cards, Downton Abbey (don't say it), Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, Breaking Bad, Orphan Black, Boardwalk Empire, etc.

Anyone have anything worth recommending? We are currently watching Top of the Lake, just finished Happy Valley, Peaky Blinders and recently viewed a great mini-series, The Fall (staring Gillian Anderson - mmmm) about an Irish serial killer.

I've heard good things about a cold war spy series Deutschland '83 but it seems to only reside on Amazon Prime which we don't subscribe to.

Anyone have any tips for some good TV content (current and older)? We lean towards historical / somewhat eclectic subjects for whatever that's worth.

Yes, "Deutschland '83" was very good. Check it out if you can at some point.

My wife and I really liked "Weeds" and "Rescue Me" despite the fact that the writing quality fell off a bit in later seasons of both series. The first season of "True Detective" was good too, as was season 1 of "American Horror Story".

-Derek

Edited by viking73

The Sopranos

The Wire

Mad Men

Futurama

The Killing

Lost

Babylon 5

Rome

Arrested Development

Poor Network TV. LOL I see all these shows that they want to be risque and hard hitting but they are so hamstrung compared to the Cable networks and it shows. Just LOL.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Hell on Wheels is addicting, the best western show in a long time I think.

+1 :thumbsup: ! If you like westerns, history-ish ;) type shows and trains (which is another hobby of mine) then there are four complete seasons on Netflix right now.

I also enjoyed Marco Polo on Netflix and Vikings...not sure if its on Netflix but its a great series and worth looking into IMHO.

Happy modeling!

Regards,

Don.

A couple more Netflix recommendations:

The Killing (crime drama; pacing is a little slow, but great acting/characters)

Luther (another crime drama; only watched the first episode, but I'll be watching more)

Black Mirror (Twilight Zone-style series about technology; really trippy)

The Story of Film: An Odyssey (Documentary about the history of film)

The IT Crowd (sitcom; I just watched all 4 seasons in the past week; hilarious characters)

My wife and I only use Netflix (no cable), and I'm always trying to find new stuff to watch. Good idea to start this thread, I'll be checking out some of these other shows on other's recommendations!

Narcos, Narcos and Narcos.

It takes a few liberties with the story of Pablo Escobar and his hunt, but its extremely well done. its a very good historical drama of a turbulent period in Colombia's history.

Edited by -Neu-

Here's a few from my Netflix to watch list

Walking Dead

Doctor Who

Longmire

House of Cards

Hell on wheels

Farscape

Dexter

Star Wars: The Clone wars

Bob Burgers

Luther

Continuum

Steven L :wave:

It takes a few liberties with the story of Pablo Escobar and his hunt, but its extremely well done. its a very good historical drama of a turbulent period in Colombia's history.

I agree. Best series I've seen in a very long time. Too bad only 10 episodes.

Other than that, my wife and I can't stop watching "It's always sunny in Philadelphia"...This must be the funniest sitcom ever, and Danny DeVito rocks:)!

Mad Men for sure. Seasons 1-6 are on Netflix. Season 7 is on Amazon.

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who didn't dig Mad Men. Tried the first couple of episodes, it just didn't click.

Can't recommend The Fall strongly enough. Just a really immersive show. Happy Valley was great as well. Gritty British police drama.

On a related note, thought I read that either Hanks or Spielberg was doing an HBO miniseries of Fly Boys, the story of the 8th AF. Supposed to have cutting edge CG special effects. I'm thinking Band Of Brothers with B-17's.

Edited by 11bee

I second this. It's very good!