Kittyhak Jaguar canopy problems

Guys, I posted this on Britmodeller, but didn't get any joy with an answer, so I thought I'd ask you guys in case

I am interested in buying one of the KH GR1 Jaguars, but read a build thread from a couple of years ago that seemed to indicate that the kit was prone to being shipped with cracked canopy parts. It also seemed to show a less than fantastic approach by Kittyhawk with regard to replacement parts.

Having had to recently put up with using a cracked main canopy on a Trumpeter MiG 23 (I broke it) because Trumpeter don't even answer let alone let you buy spares, I am wary of buying this and ending up with the same result, but this time without it being my fault.

Have KH got their act together, or is this still an issue?

Cheers

Les

Hi,

I bought last year a KittyHawk Mirage F-1 by Luckmodel. When the kit arrived, I found also the Canopy part broken into 2 pieces. I tried to contact KittyHawk directly, but without success. :bandhead2:

I went back to Luckymodel and ask for support. Luckymodel sent me a replacement canopy within couple of days. Great Service from Luckymodel!

In newer KittyHawk kits, like the OV-10 or AH-1Z, the clear parts are packed in a separate cardboard box. :worship:

Hi Les,

The couple Jags I got from KH had good canopies. The boxes are packed pretty tight though so easy to understand how they might get damaged.

On the other hand, I got several of the KH Gripens and all of them had severely warped aft fuselage halves. Absolutely no help getting replacement parts from KH .... 10 months trying ... so I've written KH off and won't buy anything from them again.

Best advice if you want the kit is buy it from a place where you can examine the contents thoroughly before plunking down your money.

good luck

My F-86D was short shot and the canopy had a little star in it from being bumped somewhere along the line and I contacted them and never heard a word. I don't understand why people still support them, these are not isolated incidents...