Official! HK 1/32 British Phantoms!!

I'm really stoked for the possibility of a Spey Phantom. I've really grown to like them lately and considered looking for the conversion a while back.

I'm just going to wait until an actual announcement before I get hopeful. And when it is announced officially I hope it doesn't take as long to come to fruition as the supposed Lancaster.

I'm just going to wait until an actual announcement before I get hopeful. And when it is announced officially I hope it doesn't take as long to come to fruition as the supposed Lancaster.

Actually this *was* the "actual announcement".

TIL - updating your Facebook profile picture is an announcement that you are going to release a kit of the subject in the photo, and in 1/32 scale.

Huh.

...seems like it really appears to be the case... ...and it's also the way used by some other model companies that use facebook actively in their marketing/communication strategy...

and HK model only does 1/32. (yet...and seems dedicated to this very scale only) so you can say you'd learn another thing today!w00t.gif

more on topic, i'm a 1/48th scale only guy. so this prospected project isn't for me anyway... but... who knows, maybe in 20 years, when i'll get older and loose eyesight, maybe i'll be happy to pay 500$ for it...laugh.gif(i know it won't sells for 500$...but in 20 years...)

Edited by mingwin

Great news. So nice to see another often requested subject become reality. It will also be interesting to see if they come up with a new idea for molding the phantom, they did some very impressive work with the 1/32 mosquito.

I had a strange dream last night that a 1/32 Spey Phantom was on the way from a decent IM manufacturer.

Woke up this morning and ... yep, seems it's still true (or I only dreamt that I woke up).

Hopefully there can only be an improvement on Tamiya's random armour plates and 25 degree dihedral and Revell's borked noses, fins and soft detail, despite many hurdles and misconceptions remaining to be overcome.

Please don't be shy to crowdsource any info where in doubt HK - we're rooting for you to do it well!

...seems like it really appears to be the case... ...and it's also the way used by some other model companies that use facebook actively in their marketing/communication strategy...

Isn't that how AMK teased their F-14? Pretty sure Zoukei Moura did something similar, too (Phantom?). And Southern Cross Miniatures seem to be doing the same with a Maserati 250. It's a way to be coy and build excitement without formalizing things and starting the clock ticking. And presumably, gauge interest - presumably it's relatively early in the development process so if modelers don't lose their minds, they can quietly put it on the back burner.

sorry but a simple photo of F-4M means that they will make a kit in 1/32? seems to me a bit 'risky ... the picture was put on their facebook page just because the author likes the Phantom, I do not think there's any business strategy.

of course I hope to be wrong :)

Please attach the link for all to see the 3D printed master. :)/>

I am hoping it does not take another 2 years.

You can pee pee in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up faster. I'll believe it when I see it...I doubt it'll ever happen at this point...maybe the less than stellar sales performance of the B-17 killed it off?

So what does the F-4E on the HK facebook post indicate?

Gene K

Good question Gene, however, the picture on the HK Facebook page actually shows a Luftwaffe F-4F and not an F-4E. After posting pictures showing both a head-on view of an F-4F and an FGR.2, HK's last post on their FB page reads

"I believe you could noticed these are very similar in shape, but they are almost completely differences. both are classic and beautiful. That will be nice to have them on shelf."

To me, using the word " them " indicates they have plans to produce kits of both the FGR.2 and the F-4F. And since it appears they only post photos of subjects they intend to produce, does that not seem to indicate their plan includes producing both F-4 models? Perhaps HK would be kind enough to address this question.

Oz

You can pee pee in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up faster. I'll believe it when I see it...I doubt it'll ever happen at this point...maybe the less than stellar sales performance of the B-17 killed it off?

Be interested to know where you got the sales information from.

In fact I don't know of a shop which has been stuck with the B-17 at all.

Where ever it's been on display it has sold out.

If anything for a kit of its price and size it has killed in the sales department.

I see a truckload of Italeri Starfighters sitting around doing absolutely nothing yet the HK B-17's walked out the door from the initial run and have only just come back into stock and then sold again.

You may not of bought one but plenty did...

Edited by dehowie