Official! HK 1/32 British Phantoms!!

That's just great! And after I've bought just about every available resin bit needed for a slat wing -E using the Tamiya bird! :bandhead2:/>

The Spey birds on the other hand, bring em on! Need a couple of RN and RAF birds yeah! :woot.gif:

Edited by torchf4

Be interested to know where you got the sales information from.

In fact I don't know of a shop which has been stuck with the B-17 at all.

Where ever it's been on display it has sold out.

If anything for a kit of its price and size it has killed in the sales department.

I see a truckload of Italeri Starfighters sitting around doing absolutely nothing yet the HK B-17's walked out the door from the initial run and have only just come back into stock and then sold again.

You may not of bought one but plenty did...

I'm on like every forum...to some extent. Lurk some, post a bit on some, post very frequently on others. I'm also in a billion FB groups, and I have around 700 friends all in the hobby.

I can count on one hand how many people I've seen who have bought one. I can count on half a hand how many WIPs I've seen, and I can tell you I've seen 1 completed in real life and 2 others completed on the internet in various places.

No, I don't have sales numbers. Not at all. It's mere speculation that they didn't sell well. But it's based on having a pretty firm grasp on the pulse of the modeling community and making observations.

No, I didn't buy one. I want an early G or preferably and F....oh wait..we were supposed to get an F too...but here I am still waiting. :cheers:

I'm on like every forum...to some extent. Lurk some, post a bit on some, post very frequently on others. I'm also in a billion FB groups, and I have around 700 friends all in the hobby.

I can count on one hand how many people I've seen who have bought one. I can count on half a hand how many WIPs I've seen, and I can tell you I've seen 1 completed in real life and 2 others completed on the internet in various places.

No, I don't have sales numbers. Not at all. It's mere speculation that they didn't sell well. But it's based on having a pretty firm grasp on the pulse of the modeling community and making observations.

No, I didn't buy one. I want an early G or preferably and F....oh wait..we were supposed to get an F too...but here I am still waiting. :cheers:/>

So far I gave picked up three B-25's...a Mossie..a B-17 and 2 Dorniers and been happy with all of them.

Our local shops have sold out 4 times with the B-17.

I think it's a cracking kit. Yes we know about the fuselage but from the finished kit images it's a non issue for me and can't wait to get the F plays a Lanc.

I hope they don't cut corners like they did on the Mosquito leaving half the sidewall area blank in the cockpit which is the most disappointing thing I have seen HK do.

Good company worth supporting and the G is worth the cash!

• 2 weeks later...

Having recently built a 1/32 Tamiya F-4E, I thought I'd pass on some notes on things that could be done better:

1. Would be great if the tail slats were as they are on the real aircraft i.e. there is daylight between the slats and the flying surface. I fixed this on my model but it is difficult to get a clean result. The slats should probably be created as separate parts to be assembled onto the tail.

2. If MERs are included in the kit, they must be sized correctly. The Tamiya MERs are too short to accommodate Mk. 7 dispensers.

3. Somehow figure out a way to easily and securely fix the canopies (in the open position), especially the forward canopy.

Specific to the British Phantoms, would be nice to have the kit include some of the unique things under wings they carried e.g. the strike camera that went into the Sparrow well and the recce pod.

:cheers:

Marcel

I think it's safe to say that none of the errors or omissions of the Tamiya kits will appear in the HK kits. The team of researchers working on it is *very* knowledgeable, and the designer is one of the best in the business.

After having received a Hasegawa 1/48 FGR.2 last week I'm not so sure I want the new HK kit...simply because the 1/48 is huge enough for my tastes! But I'm definitely going to follow the development process.

So late Winter or early Spring 2017.

"Good things come to those who wait." 271.gif

Thanks for the update!

Already got a spot reserved in the display cabinet in my future apartment! Maybe I should make it 2 spots for both services?? :wacko:

• 2 months later...

And the F-4b?

While the F-4B is welcome. it would be great if the Airfix team with their LIDAR setup produced the Spey Phantom in 1/48th. as well.

The Hasegawa Spey kit, whilst good for its time thirty years ago, is by no means the last word in Brit Phantoms for reasons which will become obvious once the HKM kit hits the shelves.

And yet a smaller scale companion is required even if only in order to display a representative selection of RAF and FAA liveries.