Official! HK 1/32 British Phantoms!!

The design work on the HK Mosquito was done very, very early in the company's history (along with the B-17). Since that time, HK has taken to heart the legitimate criticisms of their early efforts, and there is a very strong desire to do the required homework on new projects. There was no "brain trust" on the Mosquito. The Lancaster was basically completely re-done when they discovered that much of the information they originally used was inaccurate. There are few, if any, other manufacturers who have gone to that length to make sure something is right.

The group of people working with HK on the Phantom represent collectively probably the most in-depth well of knowledge on the Phantom ever assembled outside of St. Louis. One of them, in fact, worked for McDonell Douglas *on* the Spey Phantom project. I'm not sure how much more "expert" it would be possible to get.

I'm sure the kit, like everything ever created by human beings, will have errors, and it won't satisfy everyone (you know who you are).

I'm also pretty sure that HK would be happy to have the assistance of anyone who would care to provide it on future projects. It's easy to arm chair quarterback.

After the Spey Phantoms. Obviously a good deal of the Spey work will also apply to the B/N, so it will go quicker.

Ok. But we are talking about a release date for the F-4B in 2017? Not a problem though.... :-)

There is no release date for either one. Basic design work is just now getting started. I can state for the record that this model will have nothing whatsoever in any way, shape, form, or fashion to do with any previous model kit in any scale by any manufacturer in its pedigree. It is being done 100% from original research and from scratch. The amount of differences between the Spey Phantoms and other Phantoms was a lot more than anyone even suspected.

The B/N will come after the Spey airplanes, but there's really no way to say when, since there are so many variables at play.

• 10 months later...