I was on the flightline taking pictures one day and had stopped to talk to a Base Defense patrol in a jeep. After a couple minutes a call came through that a aircraft was being hijacked. The only thing we saw even close to us was a A-7 from the 3rd T.F.S.

Calls were sent out to block the fighter which was almost to the E.O.R.

As it turned around and started to line up on the runway a M-715 weapons truck stopped in front of one wing and uncovered its M-60.

The sector A.P.C. pulled up on its other wing with its 13 man team armed with two more 60s, various M-16s, some with 148 grenade launchers and a M174 automatic grenade launcher.

Then they had a 3 man S.A.T. jeep park right in front of the aircraft. The driver questioned the validity of the order, seeing as how he would be sitting in front of a Vulcan cannon.

They had the aircraft block in securely and then the Supervisor of flying and the 3rds squadron commander arrived.

The engine was shut down and a crew chief arrived to lower the ladder. The canopy opened and the pilot climbed down where his I.D. was verified.

It seems that he forgot to turn on his beacons. This was a signal that the movement was unauthorized.

WE laughed about it for a minute and I went back to taking pictures and the jeep went for some ice.