Hi Shawn

Great model. Could you point me to a source that gives the size and location of the fuselage plugs for the stretched version? I woul like to try to follow your build, but with a 1/72 version. I hate to count the number of times I've ridden the red seats transcon in the earlier Hercs. Thanks, Brian.

oops - should have said CC-130 J

Edited by bmccarron

Don't have exact measurements. I used two models. One old trashed one for the stretch and one new one to build up. For the front I just cut on the panel lines. For the rear same thing but a bunch of putty on the bottom for the odd shape .

Morning guys, nice build BTW.

Technical:

100 inches was added to the front and 80 inches to the back. I don't have my references in front of me, but I'll get the exact areas later.

If you need more info let me know as I am working on this project myself, prolly next year.

I was the original ground crew members and played a role on the set up of 436 sqn. (601-617) I also had a tour of the manufacturing plant in Marietta, GA on many ocassions.

MTF

• 3 weeks later...

There is a pretty much complete set coming out for the J model stretch birds;

link; http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234990927-172-lockheed-c-130j-30c-130c4-hercules-conversion-sets-for-italeri-kit-by-wingman-models/

It's by Wingman Models and will be country specific (mostly antenna fit) for the USAF, RAF, & Canada. They plan to release this at Telford. Looks good to me!!! :woot.gif:

Looks good, but I still like old school 1/48 butcher jobs!!!!!

Showing your true colours, Shawn? Combat medic?! :woot.gif:

I love that conversion set. Too bad I already bought some resin fuselage plugs for my stretched J future project.

ALF