1/48 Wright Flyer? Realy?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ikar no, it is a molding unique to Tonka, that's why I'm asking if anyone has actually ever seen the plastic in this kit.

Yes, and it is (a) a good kit, and (B) really 1/48 (I measured it and the wingspan is within 1/32 of the published span for the Flyer).

From the style of detailing and the ident marks on the different sprue trees, I strongly suspect this kit had some connection to the people that were doing Otaki kits around the same time - it has that feel to it. Some of the pieces are simplified; for example the horizontal pieces that should be covered on the upper surface only are depicted as having covering on both surfaces. But it is better than the Monogram kit and is actually 1/48.

Yes, and it is (a) a good kit, and (B)/> really 1/48 (I measured it and the wingspan is within 1/32 of the published span for the Flyer).

From the style of detailing and the ident marks on the different sprue trees, I strongly suspect this kit had some connection to the people that were doing Otaki kits around the same time - it has that feel to it. Some of the pieces are simplified; for example the horizontal pieces that should be covered on the upper surface only are depicted as having covering on both surfaces. But it is better than the Monogram kit and is actually 1/48.

Thank you Sir!

Thank you Sir!

Thank you Sir!

Thank you Sir!

And Happiest of Holidays!