Official! HK 1/32 F-4B/N!!

Yep, official, directly from the owner of HK. Believe it, or don't believe it. You didn't believe the last one either, yet it's just as true.

Maybe it's just a language thing but "Other than the Spey Phantom, I think we should making the US Phantom variants of F-4B/N, Do you like these variant too?" doesn't quite carry the same weight as

"I'm happy to announce that we will be releasing an F-4B/N model". To me it sounds like he is simply polling the FB readers. Unless I missed something else on that page (entirely possible).

Always like this subject, never understood why Tamiya didn't follow up the F-4 series with this version. One would think it would be a better seller than the USAF C, just due to all the cool marking options on the Navy aircraft.

mmmmm maybe not a such good idea IMHO... F-4B is rather similar (flatted wings, narrow wheels and cockpit apart) to the -J version, we already have the excellent Tamiya 60306 kit which can be converted to, while the -K/M version is almost another plane...

I would have preferred a Spey Toom first... :bandhead2:

Edited by Alpagueur

mmmmm maybe not a such good idea IMHO... F-4B is rather similar (flatted wings, narrow wheels and cockpit apart) to the -J version, we already have the excellent Tamiya 60306 kit which can be converted to, while the -K/M version is almost another plane...

I would have preferred a Spey Toom first... :bandhead2:/>

HK is doing the Spey F-4, too. I'd rather build one of those or the B right out of the box, rather than having to spend $$$$$ for a conversion for an already expensive kit.

Also, Tan Models is working on a series of slat-wing Phantoms, so we'll eventually have 1/32 kits of every version of the mighty Phantom except for the S. Too bad I don't have the time or space for any of them! :(

Ben

I would have preferred a Spey Toom first... :bandhead2:/>

The Spey Phantoms are coming first (nobody has said otherwise). The F-4B/N is the only major Phantom variant that hasn't been done in 1/32 before by anyone. And with modern CAD modularity, lots of it can be further utilized for other variants if HK wants to go that way.

The B/N has a huge combat history, and flew with just about every USN and USMC squadron that ever flew Phantoms, including some of the most colorful markings they ever carried.

If I had to choose I would take a B but luckily we are getting Speys as well!

Eli just did a cracking sheet for the B to go along with Gazza's B conversion which just scratched the surface on the best marked F-4's ever.

Hope they keep it pretty simple no engines or other junk.

A good cockpit, nice seats some good early and mid Sidewinders and Sparrows that is all!

Maybe a radar but keep the price down so we can afford to buy 3 or 4 there are so many awesome marking options.

If they did it like the Meteor it would be fine.

Great news all around!

lol..just noticed there is already a Wild Hare Spey conversion and a B/N conversion suddenly up on EBay...

The Spey conversion at least comes with a nice decal sheet...

Think the guys who paid over a thousand dollars will be queezing at recent events.

The Spey Phantoms are coming first (nobody has said otherwise). The F-4B/N is the only major Phantom variant that hasn't been done in 1/32 before by anyone. And with modern CAD modularity, lots of it can be further utilized for other variants if HK wants to go that way.

The B/N has a huge combat history, and flew with just about every USN and USMC squadron that ever flew Phantoms, including some of the most colorful markings they ever carried.

Jennings,

Do you have a rough ETA when the F-4s hit the streets? Really need to start saving up as these bad boys won't be cheap!

The Spey Phantoms are coming first (nobody has said otherwise)

yyeeeeaahhhh that sounds damnly sweeet! :woo:

now we only need aftermarket decal sheets for FG.1/FGR.2 birds :whistle:

HK is doing the Spey F-4, too. I'd rather build one of those or the B right out of the box, rather than having to spend $$$$$ for a conversion for an already expensive kit.

you are right Ben but we do not know what is going to cost the kit HK :unsure:

Edited by Alpagueur

Jennings,

Do you have a rough ETA when the F-4s hit the streets? Really need to start saving up as these bad boys won't be cheap!

Nothing any more than sometime in 2016, probably later in the year. The projects are still in the early design phase. Like many such projects, the more we dig to find details, the more information we're finding that contradicts widely held "truths" about the airplanes that have been accepted for many decades! It's requiring a lot of verifying and measuring/photographing to verify! The good news about that is that it will make the models that much more accurate.

The Spey Phantoms were ***very*** different airplanes from J79 powered Phantoms. We didn't realize just how different!