EA-6B FRANKEN PROWLER ( first kinetic model ever and last)

Gonzalo, i really dont know if they just made the wing as one piece, or if they improved the quality of the details, the details in mine are poor as all the italeri/kinetic models due to poor injection pressure in the molds

the problem in mine is that most of the rivets are barely visible and the panel lines are to shallow and need to be rescribed so after paint you can put some wash on them

Jorge

Edited by jorge Oppenheimer
  • 4 weeks later...

I am back, finally got all the aftermarket stuff so the work (pain) goes on , right now i am adding some Eduard photoetch to bring the model to life

_MG_0900_zps6ul3qmix.jpg

_MG_0896_zps4mhcrotb.jpg

both intakes are done after lots of filling and sanding to make the seams go away, the are finished in white with a coat of future so they have a glossy look as the real one

_MG_0898_zpsqjtxmzti.jpg

AIRES cockpit will be inside, it will be a mix of eduard photoetch and aires parts

_MG_0901_zps28bhsv94.jpg

The forward main gear door is in the closed position as per the real airplanes are soon after landing and parked, they open them only for the preflight inspection, i had to cut it in half and add some plasticard in order to have a nice and flush fitting

_MG_0902_zpsowj5hacb.jpg

Could you please post a picture of the model's IP and seats? I would love to give this model a try, I'm not affraid of scribing and rivets (silly me), but aftermarket is not an option at the moment so I need a good OOB model with decent details and this is a plane I really like, I have the Monogram one, and there I'm taken away cause all the panel lines are positive! talk about spending a while scribing and riveting!!

You're doing one hell of a job bringing this one to life! can't wait for painting time!! keep it up buddy!

Edited by kike

Could you please post a picture of the model's IP and seats? I would love to give this model a try, I'm not affraid of scribing and rivets (silly me), but aftermarket is not an option at the moment so I need a good OOB model with decent details and this is a plane I really like, I have the Monogram one, and there I'm taken away cause all the panel lines are positive! talk about spending a while scribing and riveting!!

You're doing one hell of a job bringing this one to life! can't wait for painting time!! keep it up buddy!

KIKE, here is the original pit from Kinetic, one thing i dont like is that both panels are moulded flat, there is no different level on the panel as per the real one, as i am writting, i am closing the fuselage and painted in black the outer part of the wings, i will try for the first time the technique " BLACK BASSIN" to see how it turns out

Jorge

IMG_7433_zpsezvdon0z.jpg

IMG_7432_zpswyesbyvt.jpg

Jorge,

One thing I've noticed with black basing is the all the color coats come out a few shades darker. So if you're matching FS colors, that's something to be concerned about. I've modified my black basing technique by laying down a gray primer, then applying a a black blotchy pattern over it. Has the effect I'm looking for, but the colors stay closer to the original tones.

Joel

thanks for the advice Joel, i will try on one of the elevators your way and in the other the regular way and will post some pictures of both and let people help to decide wich is best

Also i need a technique on how to tint canopy windows with a clear finish and not an opaque one as it turns when you use clear paint

Jorge

Edited by jorge Oppenheimer

thanks for the advice Joel, i will try on one of the elevators your way and in the other the regular way and will post some pictures of both and let people help to decide wich is best

Also i need a technique on how to tint canopy windows with a clear finish and not an opaque one as it turns when you use clear paint

Jorge

Jorge,

Easiest way is to mist on the clear color coats. Let dry, then a Future/Pledge bath. You can always tint the Future, but I've never done that.

Joel

Thanks for the pics bro! there's a whole world of difference between the model's and the Aires one! I will kee an eye on your paintjob to see how this technique turns out, and to see if I can pick something up!!