Selling framed art

Hi All,

I have a professionally-framed print by David Gray of an F-100F that I'd like to sell. The print itself isn't very expensive (35 bucks), but it cost a lot to frame. Any suggestions on how to price it? I think it will probably cost a bundle to ship, since the frame is 36x28, so I'm not even sure if it is worth trying to sell.

Thanks!

Ben

I think it's one of those things where you have to have exactly the right person at exactly the right time in a buying mood. I'd put it on eBay and be up front about the shipping cost and see what happens.

Can you not remove the print from the frame and just roll up the print in a tube and sell it that way?

Frames are so personal, plus nobody's gonna want to pay to ship a heavy frame ... and you can keep the frame and put something else in it.

Pete

Can you not remove the print from the frame and just roll up the print in a tube and sell it that way?

Frames are so personal, plus nobody's gonna want to pay to ship a heavy frame ... and you can keep the frame and put something else in it.

Pete

If I were to take it out of the frame & roll it up, I'd probably just do that and chuck it in the closet. Framed, it's worth a little more than just the print. Unfortunately, it will cost >$100 to ship, so I'll probably just see if I can sell it on consignment, locally.

Whiskey, here's the print: Link

Ben