Here are some pictures of my finished A-4M. There is somewhat of a build thread here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=287249

The kit is Hasegawa's A-4M

Add ons:

Cutting Edge ejection seat

Brassin mk 20 rockeye cluster bombs

Brassin LAU-10 rocket pods

Eduard A-4 photo etch ladder

Eduard A-4 wheel set

Paints were Model Master Acryl and Mr. Hobby Aqueous

Decals were Furball Low Viz Devil Dog Scooters (I think these were just re-issued. If you have not used them, get them! They are incredible decals)

Hope you enjoy!

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

First of all, thanks everyone for the very nice comments. I really appreciate the remarks.

Beautiful build!

That's the bird I plan to build with my sheet.

Wow, that is fabulous! Everything looks just perfectly executed.

I just bought those decals and have a Monogram OA-4M and a Hasegawa A-4M in the stash to use them on. If my builds turn out half as nice as yours I will be thrilled!

Enjoy the decals guys. They are really great to work with. I look forward to seeing your finished pictures!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

NOICE!!!!!!!!! Did you use the Steel Beach stab mechanisms?

I did! It was my first time using them on the 1/48 A-4. They look great once the process is finished, it's just always a big leap making that first cut! It's too bad the Hasegawa kit has the molded in stab pieces. The Trumpeter 1/32 approach is a lot nicer for making the typical parked look of the Skyhawk.

I did a build up in the group build section that shows a little of the process I used for adding your stab mechanisms, if you're interested in seeing it. Thanks for the great products!

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=287249