Space Shuttle AM list

Guys,

It seems in last few months or years there is such a boom in the after market product line for Space Shuttle and Real Space that it's becoming hard to keep up. So, may I make a suggestion? Start a new thread with everything created/available item/s by it's manufacture and their website and pin it on top for all to see. I know it will help me a lot and several others. What do you all think? TIA

Mike

Here is the list I came up with. Let me know if I've left anything out, and I will add it.

1/144 SCALE:

Misc. detail set (decals, photoetch, resin) - New Ware Models

Payload bay - New Ware Models

Airbrush Masks - New Ware Models

SSME's - NiParts [shapeways], RealSpace Models

OMS Engines - HD Modelworks [shapeways]

1/72 SCALE:

Windows - Accurate Model Parts

Payload bay - Realspace Models

SSME's - Fisher, NiParts [shapeways], Realspace Models

ET Struts, Fuel Lines, Nose Cone - Karazan Designs [shapeways]

ET Intertank - NiParts [shapeways]

ET Umbilicals - NiParts [shapeways]

ET Frost Ramps - NiParts [shapeways]

ET/SRB Attach Rings - NiParts [shapeways]

SRB Frustums - NiParts [shapeways]

SRB Nozzles - NiParts [shapeways]

SRB Heat Shields - NiParts [shapeways]

OMS Engine - NiParts [shapeways]

Orbiter Docking System - NiParts [shapeways]

Orbiter Tailcone - Click2Detail

Beanie Cap - Dutycat Arts

Great idea. I have heard there are other companies about to jump in to the 1/72 scale shuttle market so hopefully this list will really grow. I believe the Realspace payload bay is discontinued but maybe he'll bring it back. Seems like there also was a photo-etched payload bay detail set that someone made, anyone remember who that might be and if it's still available?

Bill

Painfully missing are aftermarket decals in all scales..... (hint hint)

Heh, I tried 1/72. I just couldn't get anyone who would screen print them and handle distribution. I'd love to do it but money and resources don't work for me.

Wow, this what I had in mind. Thanks guys!! Now, another good addition would be input from modelers that have sets and used them n their project...their personal feedback will go long ways...like Johnlove_mk_II :thumbsup:

I can attest that Bill's 3D printed SSME's are the most accurate. The Fisher SSME's are awesome, but a bit on the thick side, and the OMS nozzles that come with them are a bit stubby. Realspace comes in third. Their nozzles are still a decent solution and are priced nice, but the shape is a bit off, and the parts require some cleanup before you can paint them.

The AMP windows are great, too!

I'm still working on those decals, as well as the tile detail set. Slowly, but surely!

I forgot to mention Dutycat's Beanie Cap. The quality and level of detail is excellent. The window openings are a bit small, but you get the awesome tile detail, as well as the star tracker ports. It would be nice if future beanie caps included the forward RCS thrusters (hint hint) :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just found a new company with tile decal, payload bay detail, and ISS detail. They sell through eBay, but below is their website link...

http://lakecountyspaceport.com/

Interesting website, enjoyed perusing his models. I did pick up something interesting in one of his builds, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll start a new one.

Edit: see my post in this thread.

Edited by habu2
  • 3 months later...