Calling AMK:

OK.............. galfa, and all you guys,

I got something to talk here. It is a bit long, so just be patient. :D/> :D/>

First of all, thank you for your guys' support and appreciation of our AMK kits!

Second, the announcement we made is, just to let you guys know what we are going to do. Many of them we did announced before, this is also to tell you, whenever we announced, we will keep it going. It is not only for our production consideration, but also to thank those guys who support us with their valuable information. We will guarantee you that, we will try our best to make kits as good as possible, and openly show you guys what we are doing.

Third, the announcement is also to let other manufacturers know what we are going to do. So that, we can avoid hardly competition, and then, everyone can concentrate on developing good kits.

Forth, I hope, we shut down this thread. Even it is a rumour, someone should be working on it, and I myself did see some image of the CAD sometimes ago. So, I have to say here, we are not putting the Flanker onto schedule, just to avoid hardly the competition between manufacturers. Or, in case it is just a rumour without nothing comes out, your dream may come true, when there is nothing of Flanker can be seen or there is still no news confirmed, by the end of 2016. We will consider to put it onto schedule of 2017.

Finally, I have to say, the market/world is small. We can know each other easily anywhere. So, let's (Modellers and manufacturers) together to make a peaceful market/world. Otherwise, all of us will sacrifice, modellers pay such an amount of money getting low quality kits, while manufacturers invest lots of money to develop good kits but getting low sales.

Modellers should not send information to different manufacturers, expecting there should be one come out with better quality while ignoring the competition between manufacturers (Haha. Saul, It is not against you, but it is the situation). Manufacturers should avoid competition themselves, while concentrating on improving the quality of the kits (Raymond, this is also not against you. According to our history, there is nothing good to any of us.).

That is all! I write everything open here, and I DREAM, we all together work together to maintain a peaceful market/world, and keep this modelling culture continue.........

Sincerely ........... Thank you guys!

Cheers!

Sio

Sio, I just read this thread today. And you mention my name 2 times, so I think it is time for me to reply.

1. Obviously you grow up your experience since our subcontracting our F-16 product line. Well, whether the item good or not, it is an experience, everyone go through the same path for product excellence. Therefore, quality is build up from experience, time and cost. I do admire your dedication to your own brand product and I proof my decision is right in parting away from your tool shop after the F-16, otherwise, we will have a difficult case now.

2. The subject selection is the most critical part of this business and every company has its own priority in subject selection, development, scale of investment. There is no single easy formula.

3. Competition on subjects is hardly avoid these days - with fewer subjects selection, all makers will try to do the item that best in own resources profile. So, competition is a daily live within our business, I think we should accept. Of course, trying to avoid is basic.

4. Since day one of Kinetic, F-16, we face the Tamiya, Hasegawa.. of course, the F-16 quality produced is no match with the big brand. So, it is the company owner determine how to maintain afloat. We cannot ask Academy not to make a F-4, Italeri not to do a Mirage....

Speaking of the subject collision, we have competition of Kfir, Fouga in the past. Well, for Kfir, I don't want to put the details on the public space. You know the reason. We don't compete with you. KFIR is a project day back to 2010. Our left side fuselage can match your side right fuselage and you know what is going on. We hold the KFIR project till we have the cross section material from IAI (your source does not have it at that time). So, KFIR project is not a planned competition. It came from our original plan before AMK started.

For Fouga, recall that we have an Alpha Jet ? Fouga is a previous generation of trainer, so we made it. It is very logical. Long before you announced it. Of course, our design mind is to provide a simple kits with multiple build with different livery under an affordable price. Yours FOUGA is a superdetail kit. A customer may buy both ! So, it that a competition ? We just provide products meeting different customer requirement. But whether the item get profit or not, it is nothing to do with others, just the company its own matter. Remember, this is a business.

I respect your company policy on declare the subjects you planned to do. (We do sometimes, like the F-18 declared 4 years ago) But not us or others makers. We cannot just state we declare this subject and tell other makers not to do, if they do, they do an unhealthy competition. Frankly we have an array of planned subjects, some of them are in your list. So... we create a competition again ?

Our SuE/SEM also have greater improvement over previous release. The recent release on AMX, FRS1, F-16XL score good feedback.

About the quality improvement, I think every makers are doing the same path only in different aspect with different technology. When the new F/A-18 surface, you will see you are not alone in quality improvement process.

Regards

Raymond

Sio, I just read this thread today. And you mention my name 2 times, so I think it is time for me to reply.

1. Obviously you grow up your experience since our subcontracting our F-16 product line. Well, whether the item good or not, it is an experience, everyone go through the same path for product excellence. Therefore, quality is build up from experience, time and cost. I do admire your dedication to your own brand product and I proof my decision is right in parting away from your tool shop after the F-16, otherwise, we will have a difficult case now.

2. The subject selection is the most critical part of this business and every company has its own priority in subject selection, development, scale of investment. There is no single easy formula.

3. Competition on subjects is hardly avoid these days - with fewer subjects selection, all makers will try to do the item that best in own resources profile. So, competition is a daily live within our business, I think we should accept. Of course, trying to avoid is basic.

4. Since day one of Kinetic, F-16, we face the Tamiya, Hasegawa.. of course, the F-16 quality produced is no match with the big brand. So, it is the company owner determine how to maintain afloat. We cannot ask Academy not to make a F-4, Italeri not to do a Mirage....

Speaking of the subject collision, we have competition of Kfir, Fouga in the past. Well, for Kfir, I don't want to put the details on the public space. You know the reason. We don't compete with you. KFIR is a project day back to 2010. Our left side fuselage can match your side right fuselage and you know what is going on. We hold the KFIR project till we have the cross section material from IAI (your source does not have it at that time). So, KFIR project is not a planned competition. It came from our original plan before AMK started.

For Fouga, recall that we have an Alpha Jet ? Fouga is a previous generation of trainer, so we made it. It is very logical. Long before you announced it. Of course, our design mind is to provide a simple kits with multiple build with different livery under an affordable price. Yours FOUGA is a superdetail kit. A customer may buy both ! So, it that a competition ? We just provide products meeting different customer requirement. But whether the item get profit or not, it is nothing to do with others, just the company its own matter. Remember, this is a business.

I respect your company policy on declare the subjects you planned to do. (We do sometimes, like the F-18 declared 4 years ago) But not us or others makers. We cannot just state we declare this subject and tell other makers not to do, if they do, they do an unhealthy competition. Frankly we have an array of planned subjects, some of them are in your list. So... we create a competition again ?

Our SuE/SEM also have greater improvement over previous release. The recent release on AMX, FRS1, F-16XL score good feedback.

About the quality improvement, I think every makers are doing the same path only in different aspect with different technology. When the new F/A-18 surface, you will see you are not alone in quality improvement process.

Regards

Raymond

Raymond,

I mentioned, it is not against you! I mentioned also Saul a few times already in the threads (Saul, please don't punish me!).

I am just expressing my DREAM here. I don't want fighting and/or competition. That is all...........

Of course, I cannot control others!

Cheers!

Sio

The box of "Mikoyan MIG-31 B/BSM Foxhound" will be ready in a few months. If the sales of the BM version is good, we will have some more DieCasting metal parts in there too.

Thanks for the info Sio. I'll try to hold on to the B/BS boxing then (and it will be very difficult :)/>/> ).

@Martin: Sorry, I didn't mean it anything like that, but I just needed a hint if the release can potentially be expected in near future or it's unsure and I better pre-order the BM. Since it's a large model, I can't really get a few, sorry, as I prefer to collect the Cold War Soviet ones (M included, so I guess I'll have to get the Trumpeter one as well if it materializes).

Edited by ijozic

In any case, and as said previously, I prefer not to have any crass competitions between AMK and any other manufacturer. The truth is that we want to concentrate on our products. To worry about other manufacturers just detracts from this and risks our own product, something we are not willing to take chances with.

In point of fact, AMK has already made announcements and the pattern is full.... Hence the Facebook announcement today (Part 1).

Part 2 will follow soon.

I will say this however. We prefer to take the moral high ground here and we will not make any comment about other companies' business decisions, especially not on any of their threads.

In fact, we at AMK had already made our plans known to the modelers we care so much for earlier in the year. If other manufacturers bring out their own rendition or version of a kit before or after ours then that is purely a matter for them and is, of course, at their own risk.

Modelers will always choose which kit to buy from their own perception of quality vs price, detail, tooling, ease of build, options and from independent reviews.

What I will also say is that AMK will always strive to make the details, engineering and shape as accurate as possible for you.

Quality control is, and will remain, a top priority. If that means postponing a release to make sure that quality is on par with that expected of us then so be it, we will do just that.

No need for hostility at all let us just get along. Nice and easy lemon squeezy.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

Heh, as a buyer of both companies Kfirs, they were both fantastic in their own right and mirrored both companies philosophy on kit production. And together with GWH you are the best things that happened to us modellers in a long time....just keep it up, we'll buy anything you do and we'll be doing it with joy in our hearts and drool dripping from the corners of our mouths :D/>

Edited by Aigore

Well I know people really want an updated Su-27 but since an Su-34 has never been available in 1/48 I think that should jump ahead of the Su-27. Ok just my opinion mind you but guaranteed sale from me for the Su-34. I already have the Italeri kit because I never thought i would see this in 1/48 (the one I work in). Even in that smaller scale it is still a pretty big aircraft. Of course until there is confirmation I will hold onto it and keep my fingers and toes and arms or what ever else crossed :).

The Sukhoi 25 is used by several countries, all the possible schemes would definitely make it a good seller :coolio:/>

+1

I'd add the Su-7 and 17/22, but Su-17/22 are supposedly already in the works.

I wonder if AMK would consider doing helicopters. I'd expect a significant interest in Mi-8/24/28 and Ka-52 helicopters in 1/48 since there are non available (apart from the pretty old Revell Mi-24D's).

Heh, as a buyer of both companies Kfirs, they were both fantastic in their own right and mirrored both companies philosophy on kit production.

Yes but things have evolved a lot since the Kfirs. Both aren't representative of what both companies are capable of doing nowadays.

Yes but things have evolved a lot since the Kfirs. Both aren't representative of what both companies are capable of doing nowadays.

I'm aware of that the capabilities have changed but the idea behind the models still tell us a lot of the workings of each companies and what they strive for. I'm talking about parts break up, design of instruction sheets, how parts are attached to the sprues, level of details, what the plastic is like, panelines, packing, boxart...things like that

The Fouga Magister was recently built by Daniel Zamarbide-Suarez:

2238490a-4d6b-bd22-8866-2fa46db411f3.jpg

db0b18ca-765b-17ab-41c2-93317d3102d3.jpg

bca10c1c-11d8-af3e-b85e-b1ecd000eedf.jpg

According to Dani, this is the best model he has ever built. His words quoted:

"Building this Fouga has given me great pleasure. By far, the most enjoyable kit I've ever built. It is very well designed, very fine, assembles easily and gives a splendid model in the end".

High praise indeed. Muchisimas gracias Dani!

DZ Models

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models