Alright, pics

I cut out the slots for the airbrakes, they are marked on the inside of the fuselage:

PB294520_zpsdm5rixq8.jpg

Then I started glueing all the bits in the right fuselage half, before I close it up.

The cockpit:

PB294521_zps5jhw2w8b.jpg

The tail hook bay:

PB294525_zps51tac7wf.jpg

And for the resin exhausts, you need to glue the wings on earlier than Hobbyboss suggests when using the kit exhausts:

PB294523_zpskxm8uizs.jpg

Here's what it looks like with the exhaust in place, but without the cover, from the bottom:

PB294527_zpsajufriwc.jpg

And from the inside:

PB294528_zps5fmtxomw.jpg

And from the outside again, this time with the cover in place. It took quite a bit of sanding and grinding to make them fit around the resin exhausts:

PB294530_zpswyrdyhqm.jpg

Next up, glue the exhausts in place, and then close the fuselage.

Thanks for looking.

Glued the wings together, and added all the flaps, slats and whatnot. Lots of parts on this kit for the wings. And you can all open it up and let it hang down if you wish, and I have a feeling that's what they had in mind when they designed the kit. The fit of some of those parts is pretty bad when you go for the closed up options. Especially the radome fits terrible, and also the windscreen will have a very tight fit. Almost as if I did something wrong at the front fuselage. If I were to build another one of these kits, I will probably glue the radome halves to the fuselage halves first, and use the radar bulkhead in the nose. Oh well, now it's time for filling and sanding of seams and gaps.

Also included in the pic is the loadout I plan to do. Nine Mk.83's on three MER's, one under each wing and one under the fuselage. I originally wanted to put eightteen Mk.82 snakeyes on it, but that would have been too costly for me to purchase them.

PC064543_zpsqr1wxrht.jpg

Great Pete!

Looking great! Awesome loadout. I've something similar planned, only with 12 mk83's.

I'm also planned tha same load-out for mine after reading the Osprey A-6 units of the Vietnam war.

Now go with some paint my friend!

Gianni

Glued the wings together, and added all the flaps, slats and whatnot. Lots of parts on this kit for the wings. And you can all open it up and let it hang down if you wish, and I have a feeling that's what they had in mind when they designed the kit. The fit of some of those parts is pretty bad when you go for the closed up options. Especially the radome fits terrible, and also the windscreen will have a very tight fit. Almost as if I did something wrong at the front fuselage. If I were to build another one of these kits, I will probably glue the radome halves to the fuselage halves first, and use the radar bulkhead in the nose. Oh well, now it's time for filling and sanding of seams and gaps.

Also included in the pic is the loadout I plan to do. Nine Mk.83's on three MER's, one under each wing and one under the fuselage. I originally wanted to put eightteen Mk.82 snakeyes on it, but that would have been too costly for me to purchase them.

PC064543_zpsqr1wxrht.jpg

You need another nine MK-82s with MERs?

See post #3 biggrin.gif .

• 4 weeks later...

Update time.

Did some filling and sanding here and there, with the radome getting quite some attention. I probably did something wrong, but I found the fit pretty bad. Hopefully it won't look too bad with paint on it.

P1034553_zpshdkxw5mb.jpg

I'm also trying to create a cover out some styrene for the airbrake. Early A-6A's had the forward "A" bit of the hook covered for some reason. Still need to do some more sanding a dryfitting, but it should work out.

P1034551_zpsqvjfazro.jpg

Fueltanks and pylons have been put together. Those ECM antenna rods on the pylons will have to removed, those were a later addition.

P1034556_zpscyomrvql.jpg

And the Mk.83's got some paint on them.

P1034554_zps0m8j1s49.jpg

Shouldn't take too long now before I can start painting it.

Thanks Mike.

I've been working on one of the crew ladders that folds out of the intakes. I think it looks pretty nice with the PE, bonus points for Hobbyboss here. I will probably do the one on the pilot's side down, and the B/N one folded up.

P1064558_zps8nb63oqi.jpg

I also got the tailhook cover in place, and the little radome on the underside has been corrected for the A model. E's had flare/chaff launchers installed behind it, with the radome cut off at the rear.

P1064559_zpskfek5wzf.jpg

I've painted the radome black, and the leading edges of the wings and tail with some aluminium. Next up is the anti glare panel in front of the cockpit, the intake edges and a small strip on the front tip of the tail. Some touch ups with white here and there, and after that it's gloss coat time.

P1114563_zpstxuzcvxk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Started on the decals! I'm using the excellent Furball decals for this one.

P1144567_zpskdii2tv5.jpg

Great work on the decals, dude 70.gif .

Ah; The (S)hitty-Kitty, as the carrier was affectionately known as to her crew biggrin.gif .

I have fond memories of that carrier when she was stationed at North Island in San Diego, CA USA.

My dad's fellow Navy buddy was stationed with the E-2 Hawkeye squadron that served the Kitty Hawk.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a set of Multiple Ejection Racks from Eduard a while ago. They showed up in the mail about a week and a half ago, but when I wanted to assemble them, I noticed there were parts missing. There should have been six sets of sway braces, but there was only one. Using the contact form on their website, they quickly replied and said it was a known problem with that set and they would send me the missing ones. These showed up yesterday, with 5 extra sets. Good service from Eduard.

Anyway, here's one of the assembled MER's

P2114644_zpszr3yxfdy.jpg