AMK will release a Super Etendard 1/48

So is this project still on considering that Kh is joining the fray? I'd much rather wait for the AMK kit than buy the Kinetic now but if it's off then I guess there's no other choice! The KH kit will never enter into consideration

me too... i'll wait for the AMK one!

I really hobe AMK will do the Super Etendard. I have tried so many KH kits (F-94, Jaguar, F1, Mig-25) but all of them where really bad in fitting and also in accurancy compared to their price. Kinetic ist much better, but if I compare their Magister directly to the AMK Magister, I really have to prefer the AMK. So I really hope to have the chance to buy a AMK SuE.

So is this project still on considering that Kh is joining the fray? I'd much rather wait for the AMK kit than buy the Kinetic now but if it's off then I guess there's no other choice! The KH kit will never enter into consideration

Yes sir. As far I am aware the project is still going. Nothing now as you may already have seen the photo of our One Piece Exocet missile.

Sorry but the Kinetic Sue will be very nice and with a big lead you will be wasting cash and time.

The Mirage family is very nice I'm not sure what stuff some guys are sniffing but the recent Kinetic stuff is excellent.

Sea Harrier, Murage now Sue.

Think this boat has sailed and irrespective of how good an AMK one is a very good one is already on the market meaning lost sales.

Better option a new tool " accurate" F-105...would sell millions given how poor the Monogram and HB kits are.

Sorry but the Kinetic Sue will be very nice and with a big lead you will be wasting cash and time.

The Mirage family is very nice I'm not sure what stuff some guys are sniffing but the recent Kinetic stuff is excellent.

Sea Harrier, Murage now Sue.

Think this boat has sailed and irrespective of how good an AMK one is a very good one is already on the market meaning lost sales.

Better option a new tool " accurate" F-105...would sell millions given how poor the Monogram and HB kits are.

I have to disagree with you...

Kinetic might have improve over time... but there is still plenty of room for improvement... (like too soft plastic, a bit too pebbly to my taste. engraved lines that could be sharper... cockpit details are kind-of-melted on side consoles...) don't get me wrong, they make better kit they where doing. but i would be shy on using the word "excellent"... "Good" seems more appropriate....

and anyway, your warning come way too late to be of any use!!! ___ (like all those childish comments on others "being childish" to this and to that...and bla bla bla... it looks like a "insert any name here" to me..."stop bashing my beloved HelloKittyBosspeteers you should be praising the lord" type of comments we're use to read from you are of absolutely no use for anyone here.)

same goes with the "recommendation" ...AMK have announced a lots of stuff for the incoming year, and it clearly shows these guys are knowing what they're doing! (spill my coffee when i have read the word "accurate" written by you... that is not the kind of stuff you have use us to read from you!w00t.gif)

You should concentrate to contact KittyHawk to discourage them from doing such a bad move (doing a SuE)... you could save them! who knows!!! ...my bet is that their project is way less advanced than the AMK one.

I guess I grew up building 1970 and 1980 Revell,Airfix, Hasegawa kits so a fully engraved kit with good fit and fine details is excellent to me...it also goes together very well.

So well i bought 3 more.

Personally a Mirage IV would be a far better option or anything else for a great looking French aircraft.

I really believe that serious modellers base their kit purchases on reputation as well as kit quality.

From all the very favourable reviews so far for the MiG 31 I think an AMK Super Etendard would be worth waiting on. I certainly will :) I have way too many unbuilt kits to worry about when the kit will be released, as long as it eventually gets released. So far I only have the L29 but the MiG 31 is on my list for the new year which will probably be the second batch?

More power to AMK and I sure hope they continue to release great kits.

Personally, I'm certain Kinetic's Super Etendard is very nice. However, comparing some of the Kinetic kits I have (recent releases) to AMK's MiG-31, well, there's simply no comparison. Detail definition is so high on the MiG-31 my GWH Mig-29s are having a hard time competing with it. Like I stated earlier, if the same is done on the AMK Super Etendard, then there's no reason not to wait for it (unless you really want to build one within the next year or so - in which case choosing the Kinetic kit is a no-brainer).

Rob

Within the next year? Our slide molded Exocet is already done (as is the vast majority) and the plastic is there.

Back later.

I only said within a year because you need to release ALL of the F-14s first :whistle:

Rob

Edited by galileo1

I only said within a year because you need to release ALL of the F-14s first :whistle:/>

Rob

Hey Rob,

The SuE is more advanced than the F-14 but yes indeed, you’re right of course.

The F-14 is going to be something else indeed. I can’t wait to show you progress but I can’t until HQ release the information and CADs.... these suspenders are killing me :woot.gif:

I mean suspense......

:thumbsup:

And yes, I think we're all dying to see those F-14 CADs.

Rob

I for one don't even need to see the CAD designs, I will buy the F-14's sight unseen. I have now purchased all of the AMK kits and I can tell you they are superlative (and I am still awaiting delivery of the MiG-31), so I am willing to blindly trust them at this point. I believe they have earned that trust at this point. I can respect that some out there may still be wary, but I think that has to do more with other companies and their lack of quality control etc., rather than a value judgement of AMK. But, at any rate I can only speak for myself.

Rick

I for one don't even need to see the CAD designs, I will buy the F-14's sight unseen. I have now purchased all of the AMK kits and I can tell you they are superlative (and I am still awaiting delivery of the MiG-31), so I am willing to blindly trust them at this point. I believe they have earned that trust at this point. I can respect that some out there may still be wary, but I think that has to do more with other companies and their lack of quality control etc., rather than a value judgement of AMK. But, at any rate I can only speak for myself.

Rick

Money Order is in the post!!! :woot.gif:

Glad I never found a Heller SUE whan I was looking for one. lol

Will have to save up for AMKs kit. If it's a good as their L-29 (the only AMK kit currently in the stash) it will really be something!

I'm glad I ditched my Heller kit and resin!

:rolleyes:Crikey! Ya bloke don't even have a hint of whut the AMK kit is goin' to be like 'n' ya're already takin' things for granted... Whut's the bloody use in it? Ditchin' a kit + resin ya once bought (prolly 'cause it was the only game in town in 1/48 scale?), 'n' now ya're ditchin' it + the resin am in favour of a kit it will take a while for ya to see?

That's plain silly.

Glad I never found a Heller SUE whan I was looking for one. lol

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: There goes annother one... Aw, Gosh. Whut a sorry bunch of sissies. Wish ya had actually found that kit so that ya'd realice how awful far from bein' a modeller ya 'n' yer postin' partner above are.

Incidentally;I wonder whut this modeller would think 'bout ye both

Carlos Ruíz 1/48 Heller/Airfix SuE build thread

This is the whole idea of modellin;' this is whut modellin' real is all 'bout, 'n' sure these are the kinda modellers I look up to, even when there's an announcement that a new kit of the subject will arise soon of a whole lifetime in future.

Cheers 'em all now,

Yeh, perhaps the AMK SuE will be a terrific kit; hell, perhaps Kinetic's a helluva lot much better kit than whut we had 'til now, but why puttin' down kits in this stupid way only 'cause ya suck as modellers?

Unc²

Ya bloke don't even have a hint of whut the AMK kit is goin' to be like 'n' ya're already takin' things for granted...

Given that everything AMK has done to date has been spectacular, is there any reason to think they're going to fail on the SuE?