AMK will release a Super Etendard 1/48

Given that everything AMK has done to date has been spectacular, is there any reason to think they're going to fail on the SuE?

Ne'er eva mentioned the blokes at AMK were goin' to fail on 'em SuE, Jay, if ya just cared to take a good look at the last line on my post. ;)

Be that as it may, Iron Maiden have always done spectacular albums, yet they failed miserably when they released The X Factor, didn't they? :P

Hey Rob,

The SuE is more advanced than the F-14 but yes indeed, you’re right of course.

The F-14 is going to be something else indeed. I can’t wait to show you progress but I can’t until HQ release the information and CADs.... these suspenders are killing me :woot.gif:/>

I mean suspense......

:thumbsup:/>

Khm,khm pardon my indiscretion, where is Gina situated in its development process between these two ;-)

Given that everything AMK has done to date has been spectacular, is there any reason to think they're going to fail on the SuE?

Spectacular?

You really can't be talking about the AMK model kit company which put out the Kfir I own from both them and Kinetic can you?

It seems to me there is a huge amount of hype been generated by the Mig-31 which almost everyone still have not seen.

More than happy if it lives up to it but commentary like "everything they gave done is spectacular" is simply rubbish.

The Kfir has panel lines in many cases far less subtle than Kinetic.

The canopy has flow lines indicating poor quality moulding techniques.

Canopy is incorrectly shaped.

In short it is very far from spectacular.

Is it nice yes but still not as nice as Kinetics.

I applaud there use of the very best information they could get for the Mig-31 and hope the tooling lives up to the depth of the research.

My Mig-31's arrive tomorrow so be very interested to see for myself how much improvement there is in the clear parts, the panel lines and the single piece missiles.

If they are anywhere near the quality of say a Great Wall Mig-29 then I'll be jumping on the bandwagon.

But not till then...

Edited by dehowie

If they are anywhere near the quality of say a Great Wall Mig-29 then I'll be jumping on the bandwagon.

But not till then...

I have built the GWH MiG-29, and I have this kit. The GWH MiG-29 is one of my favourite kits, but I am happy to say the AMK MiG-31 is definitely better. Get your springboard ready

It is even better than the Eduard MiG-21 kits

Les

Edited by lesthegringo

Please explain why.

The general fit of the parts is even better than the already excellent Eduard kit, for example how the wings attach to the fuselage. On the Eduard kit you can get the lower wing part to fit without using filler, but to do so you have to be very careful to assemble it by gluing the parts that make up the lower fuselage in quarters, and then attatch the upper wings after dressing the lower wing tips so they don't distort the upper wing tip up.

On the AMK kit, there is absolutely nothing to do, it all aligns with an astounding precision.

Other details mark it out, for example where there is a drop in insert in the spine of the fuselage, the supporting feature has cut outs that line up with where the sprue gate nubs would be, so you don't have any chance of it not fitting if the part is not trimmed completely.

The front fuselage section aligns so perfectly with the rest that when I dry fitted it to see how long the model was, friction held it in place, and I had to actually pull it apart so that I could see where the join was.

There is also less reliance on photo-etch for parts, such as in the cockpit and wing fences, which for me is good as I never have got on too well with that media. Details are generally very well rendered on the kit without needing any aftermarket stuff or fiddly techniques. It's also a 'complete' kit, which you could argue the profipack versions of Eduards kits are, but it means that you get everything you need in the box, without having to pay extra for duplicated or surplus stuff.

I could go on, but I think that anyone who expresses dissatisfaction with this kit will never be happy with any kit ever. Are there any less than perfect aspects to this kit? Yes, of course, but they are essentially due to the limitations of current injection moulding techniques and the need to be able to offer the kit at an affordable price. I am also sure that the aftermarket guys will come up with some improvements, for instance those huge exhausts, pre painted photo etch for the cockpit, metal pitot probes, resin wheels...... but you can build a fantastic looking kit out of the box.

Go over to the work in progress section of the Britmodeller site and take a look at Mike's build, that will show you more

Hope this helps

Les

Maiden,aren't they music for folks of the elderly persuation, like The Platters? :taunt:

(Hides inna bunker)

:woot.gif:Outrageous! Almost a heretic statement, too. :blink:

But well, me guesses that this comment comin' from someone whose country's biggest bands eva was ABBA (or Roxette?), real holds no value at all for a Metal Head like me... :rofl:

:woot.gif:/> Outrageous! Almost a heretic statement, too. :blink:/>

But well, me guesses that this comment comin' from someone whose country's biggest bands eva was ABBA (or Roxette?), real holds no value at all for a Metal Head like me... :rofl:/>

Now, perhaps you should try a bit of Hammerfall, Inflames, Hellacopters, Mustasch or Sabaton :D

Now, perhaps you should try a bit of Hammerfall, Inflames, Hellacopters, Mustasch or Sabaton

Hammerfall me likes, some. All of the other bands ya name are just not my bag.

So many good Gothic Metal bands in Sweden, tho. Beseech bein' my fave one. But my all-time fave Sweden hero is still Ingwie Johann Malmsteen, who had to flee the Stockholm metal scene early in his life in order to succeed.

Maiden,aren't they music for folks of the elderly persuation, like The Platters? :taunt:/>

(Hides inna bunker)

I'll get you for this. Next saturday there will only be Maiden on the spotify playlist. "Elderly persuation"...

You damned Eurovision Song Contest lover!

I'll get you for this. Next saturday there will only be Maiden on the spotify playlist. "Elderly persuation"...

You damned Eurovision Song Contest lover!

Hehehe....ok I'm reading myself for endless loops of Number of The Beast,Fear of the dark, Run to The hills and Hallowed Be Thy Name :P