AMK will release a Super Etendard 1/48

I need AMK to concentrate on a new FJ-2/3 Fury!!!!

After decades of wishing for a decent 1/48 or 1/72 Fury, I've given up! Fortunately I have a couple of the outstanding Collect Aire kits, but they're too beautiful to consume..

Gene K

How about let stay on topic. :woot.gif:/>/>

Shesh ... . :bandhead2:/>

Now, Sio wants to know whether you will still want the SuE from us.

So alternates are being suggested to a receptive and engaged producer. Excellent.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

Forgive the question, but is this thread about AMK possibly releasing a Super Etendard in 1/48 or has it become a wish list of "wants" folks hope AMK would produce?

If its about the Super Etendard then by all means release it as I am sure some folks would be happy. Personally it doesn't do much for me but like I wrote I am sure some modelers would like one produced to AMK's standards.

If it's about "wants" from AMK then get the darn F-14 done as you have a large and willing market on ARC alone. Multiply that by goodness knows what globally and you will have probably AMK's biggest seller to date...which is money in the bank for future projects.

Just my two cents.

Enjoy!

:cheers:

Ladies and Gents,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the SuE project is on a hiatus whilst we concentrate on the L-39C and F-14D.

These have become our priority for the moment so we have told the design team and factory to go 100% into these two projects.

Now, Sio wants to know whether you will still want the SuE from us. With two other companies now making this kit he wants to be sure that the market and support is there before he commits. Now, the project is NOT dead in the water, it is simply on hold pending your thoughts and support (if it still exists).

Let us know. We just thought that you should know as soon as the decision was made so you can make your choices based on the best information. Hope that's ok?

Thanks for all the ongoing support for all our kits and for the chats.

whatever you'll decide to do, i'll support you, and will buy the SuE when you'll bring it. (i haven't and won't buy the other guy's SuE)

but there is surely no hurry for it now. (on my side)

thank you again , to all the AvantGarde Model Kit team, for your highly appreciated interaction with us and the consideration you show us!377.gif377.gif377.gif

I still waiting for your Super Etendard. The Fouga isn't my favorite jet but when I get the AMK's, I really enjoy the build and then I bough a second one for an other decoration :)

Do you think about a brand new Saab Viggen's Family? I'd like to build some with a nice details also a good fit.

whatever you'll decide to do, i'll support you, and will buy the SuE when you'll bring it. (i haven't and won't buy the other guy's SuE)

but there is surely no hurry for it now. (on my side)

thank you again , to all the AvantGarde Model Kit team, for your highly appreciated interaction with us and the consideration you show us!377.gif377.gif377.gif

Word.

May I also suggest, a vanilla su27? The hobby boss kit is good, I think(by my standards of good) but it would be awesome to have this jet done to AMK standards. The mig 25 I think will sell great; sexy jet and I would guess many people share similar sentiments as myself to stay away from the kittyhawk kit. Another good one i think would be an Su15. This is sort of a wish list ( I admit) but also trying to think of subjects that would sell well. I know this is arcAIR but would AMK consider doing armour and ships?

Noting there are 3 or 4 SuE 's on the market now and even though some of them are old, I just can't see you selling significant numbers of them. I think you'd be better of concentrating on other subjects.

Personally, I wouldn't buy 1 SuE, never mind multiples,

Kinetic did a great job with the SuE. Shape is on point, detail is good, and the price is right in my opinion. The SuE has never been one of those subjects I wanted to invest that much time or effort in other than building one with an exocet from the Falklands and displaying it...maybe a GWOT bird too. However, the Mig-25 is a subject I can get behind because Kitty Hawk left quite a bit to be desired with that ill fitting kit.

Yep. No interest in the SuE. Bring on a decent Foxbat!

So do we change the title of this thread to: "AMK will no longer release a SuE because of a silly poll"?

Brad

I'm sorry but why did you call the poll silly? It was started by Martin, the AMK rep on this board thus it seems that the company actually wants feedback on whether to proceed with the release of SuE. So getting a feel of the market and listening to what modellers want is silly now?

Mark

Hi,

Poor choice of words, sorry. I am happy that AMK does listen to what modellers have to say, I would just be disappointed if the SuE was cancelled because other modellers want a Buc instead.

Sorry for the confusion.

Brad

So, after all the announcement and money invested, no new Super Etendard at all?...... :jaw-dropping:

This is what's curious about AMK. Lots of "announcements", "things in the works", and market type research but we don't seem to be seeing much in the way of actual progress on many of these said announcements (CAD, sprue shots etc). Case in point the 1/48 Tomcat:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=285277

It was announced a year ago yet nothing to show but more "announcements", "we're working on it", "its a priority", or "we'll get some photos to you soon" type stuff. Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking AMK. They have proven in their Mig to be a very capable manufacturer. I want them to get these "announced" kits made and in our hands if they will be anything like their Mig. I just remember Accurate Miniatures doing much the same thing as AMK and eventually modelers got frustrated, lost interest, and impatient, and we all know what happened to AM.

Hey, its not my show and I am not in the hobby business, but perhaps its best to keep the announcements to when there's actually something to show or at least close to show.

Just my two cents.

:cheers: