AMK will release a Super Etendard 1/48

Yes, Larry.Didn't really understood why Kinetic released this pack aside the kit, together with some weapons.In the past, they used to release their kits with plenty of weapons of all sort.I'm pretty confident that AMK will give us everything needed for a nice SUE/SEM in one shot.

Scuttlebutt in the Far East has it that, strangely enough, that it's not a coincidence at all that, soon after the Kitty Hawk SuE kit was released just out of the blue, the AMK party were considering putting their project aside - some folks even go further and affirm that this was the case only because the Kitty Hawk SuE kit actually IS the proposed AMK one...

What say you, Martin?

that's one interesting gossip "Mr The Scaremonger"... is the "one piece" exocet missile that AMK shown us is in the KH box? or do they have tooled an "alternative" missile sprue with more classical molding technique?

Yes, Larry.Didn't really understood why Kinetic released this pack aside the kit, together with some weapons.In the past, they used to release their kits with plenty of weapons of all sort.I'm pretty confident that AMK will give us everything needed for a nice SUE/SEM in one shot.

+1 I would love to see an AMK SEM!

that's one interesting gossip "Mr The Scaremonger"... is the "one piece" exocet missile that AMK shown us is in the KH box? or do they have tooled an "alternative" missile sprue with more classical molding technique?

Well, dunno what to say about that, Mr Minigun - not only the fella I heard that piece of info from spoke English with a sort of a Taiwanese-affected accent, but also he was slurping some noodles while he talked.

All in all, this gossip, with perfect timing I'd say, coincided with the fact that once the Kitty Hawk SuE was out on the market, the AMK party, all of the sudden, affirmed to have lost interest in keeping up with the research of theirs...?

I've particularly never believed in coincidences. Put into contrast now, what if this was also the reason why AMK, after a whole year has passed by, is not showing us a single piece of info regarding their F-14 project - isn't it odd that this now also coincided with the fact that Tamiya announced an F-14 kit releasement soon which info we've been presented with...?

And what about the AMK MiG-25 now that ICM was announced theirs...? Are we to find out soon that AMK will put on hold theirs as well? Mind you; with all of the announcements - made very early for my taste - by AMK, I've chosen not to buy the Kinetic SuE in anticipation for the proposed AMK kit. Sort of the same happened after Kitty Hawk released their MiG-25. Well? Now the very same is happening with the F-14 kit.

I don't quite like the way AMK is handling their information to the modellers.

hi Scaremonger, my forum screen name is ; mingwin, no need to try transform it. first.

if you don't believe in coincidences, you should be a hell of a superstitious guy! ...some things might be related, but the sun don't turn around the world, even if you see it cross the sky...(sometimes things are exactly the opposite to what they're look like...)

kinetic's Kfir and Fouga Magister didn't prevent AMK to go forward with their own.

i don't know what's happening at AMK HQ offices, nor what are their plans...nor if you're right or wrong. just that there is not (yet) the evidences that KH's SuE is the previously announced AMK tooling...(like those one piece missiles that have already been shown a long ago...) ...i'm in no way related to them. the only thing i know about AMK is that they have bring very nice kits so far, improving their engineering with every new tooling. if KH had buy the tooling...they should also have buy the decal display diagram of AMK also, as they have messed-up those they shown, with a mix of french roundels and argentinal anchor...on the same plane... on two different schemes!

and if you don't like the way AMK manage their communications, you must be very pissed off by a lots of plastic model companies!biggrin.gif

Edited by mingwin

kinetic's Kfir and Fouga Magister didn't prevent AMK to go forward with their own.

To be fair, the AMK Kfir and Magister originated from Kinetic. The guy who was designing stuff for Kinetic left that business - taking some CAD with him, apparently - and hooked up with an injection molding company, who created AMK to sell those kits.

It's not that AMK were toiling away on the Kfir and Magister, found out Kinetic would be releasing them too and yet decided to continue with their projects anyway. More that (most of the?) data needed to tool the kits landed in their lap, and they decided to start a model company to make use of it.

That being said, 'Scaremonger's suggestion is laughable.

To be fair, the AMK Kfir and Magister originated from Kinetic. The guy who was designing stuff for Kinetic left that business - taking some CAD with him, apparently - and hooked up with an injection molding company, who created AMK to sell those kits.

It's not that AMK were toiling away on the Kfir and Magister, found out Kinetic would be releasing them too and yet decided to continue with their projects anyway. More that (most of the?) data needed to tool the kits landed in their lap, and they decided to start a model company to make use of it.

That being said, 'Scaremonger's suggestion is laughable.

thanks for the info, MoFo, i wasn't aware of that part of the "story" ...not the brightest part, i guess...

are the toolings related in some ways (between those Kinetic and AMK kits)

are L-29 and MiG-31 part of the same story??

that being said, i totally understand AMK, to switch their production agenda, to push forward their F-14D (hopefully for them... just before Tamiya's F-14A... to maximize their chance of success...and offering something a little different from Tamiya for the distributors! )

pushing back the SuE to a later time is the clever choice. hope it won't delay too much the MiG-25. (i don't think that ICM's offering, even if very good, will overflow the market, a distributor thing i guess... it's not like dealing with Tamiya)

they just didn't mentioned if the L-39 and G-91 are delayed also... i really hope that the F-14 won't bust all the other projects away...as i have no intention to buy the "D"...

I'm pretty sure the SuE originated with Kinetic. The L-29 might have (I have a vague recollection of it being rumored as a Kinetic release). I don't think the MiG-31 was, though.

Just to be clear: the final results are substantially different (AMK's Kfir has an inaccurate fuselage; their Magister's canopy is wrong; Kinetic is more correct), so clearly both AMK and Kinetic did further development on whatever data there was when the designer split. And my understanding is that different projects were in different stages; some might have just been future plans, others apparently involved partial CAD. But basically, the overlap between releases is not a coincidence.

As for their future releases... my hunch is we won't see the F-14 until the first half of 2017, and the MiG probably won't be out until the end of 2017, or maybe even 2018.

Well, in my humble opinion, it would be a waste of economical resouces to have some guys gathering data for more than a year, CAD´s and so on, to finally give up on one determined subject just because.....your marketing investigation or plans went wrong????, seriously?....after a year?. AMK made a lot of announcements, and as far as I know, no pics, no drawing, no cads of their brand new F-14D, neither the "old" SUE project. Conversely, other companies, made less announces and throw more kits to the market in a more "stealthy" way, for example Tamiya´s F-14, ICM´s MiG-25 and so on. In my opinion, it would be a serious mistake to promise lots of new kits if the company, at the end, would relese 0......But, again, it´s my opinion and I´m not a markerting graduate, nor a CEO of a modelling company...

Just my two cents...

:salute:

Well, in my humble opinion, it would be a waste of economical resouces to have some guys gathering data for more than a year, CAD´s and so on, to finally give up on one determined subject just because.....your marketing investigation or plans went wrong????, seriously?....after a year?. AMK made a lot of announcements, and as far as I know, no pics, no drawing, no cads of their brand new F-14D, neither the "old" SUE project. Conversely, other companies, made less announces and throw more kits to the market in a more "stealthy" way, for example Tamiya´s F-14, ICM´s MiG-25 and so on. In my opinion, it would be a serious mistake to promise lots of new kits if the company, at the end, would relese 0......But, again, it´s my opinion and I´m not a markerting graduate, nor a CEO of a modelling company...

Just my two cents...

salute.gif

could you give my a link where i can get more information on the ICM 1/48 MiG-25RBT??? i'd like to see some CAD or some test shots? maybe some tooling,anything... anything more that the generic photo shown on some web stores that takes "pre-order" (ok, i know the price, at least... it's more than any information known on AMK future release...)

but i must say, that i fully agree, that it was already kind-of a mistake by AMK to promise all those kits, as we all know how plastic modelers are "mature" , "serious" and "patient" people... it's already been 3 months since the 1/72 L-29... ( (sarcasm mode ON) and it doesn't really count, as they just had to "scale-down" their 1/48 tooling(-sarcasm mode OFF))

Edited by mingwin

Hi Ming,

Hi haven't seen anything test shot-wise on the ICM Mig-25 kit yet. I've searched for a few days now, and I have come up empty. I'm fine waiting for AMK's Mig-25P/PD. I know it's not a Mig-25RBT, but I am hoping it will be a good one.

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

could you give my a link where i can get more information on the ICM 1/48 MiG-25RBT??? i'd like to see some CAD or some test shots? maybe some tooling,anything... anything more that the generic photo shown on some web stores that takes "pre-order" (ok, i know the price, at least... it's more than any information known on AMK future release...)

No, I can´t. Could you gimme a link, cad´s, pics, decals sheet, something about AMK´s SuE?.test shots?, sprue shots..I don´t think so. If you can, please, tell me where I can find something of it, anywhere, anytime...

It is on pre order on several on line shops, plus the informed releasing date is 30 th July. Do you really think that a hobby shop would take pre orders if they have a clue that certain kit won´t be released?...at least they have a release date and a price. I was ponting out that other companies, ICM among them,(you can Eduard, Revell), don´t make great announcements and throw out great kits nobody was specting, for example, Tamiya F-14. It makes no sense to announce tons of kits if the company, at the end, won´t release nothing.

But again, no certain news about the AMK SUE I was waiting for.

:(

Hi Mingwin. You´re right, it doesn´t count as it is and old pic, since then, no other update about the kit´s progress. I am still waiting and anxious to get AMK´s SUE, but no sun on the horizon yet.

BTW, the nick is dagger00...with two g´s.......(funny thing, remember me Goose quote on Top Gun movie..."two o´s").

:salute:/>

Edited by dagger00

i agree with you, it's been long since that, but still at least, it means that some tooling was done at some point... even if it's a little as just one weapon...

maybe because i wasn't in a hurry for any SuE(and the market bring 2 new tooling in a few months), it doesn't bother me much that the project have been delayed...

(honestly, i'm in no hurry for a while now... as a fan of soviet/Russian jets, i've been very spoiled in the latest years!)

...i remember that it have taken 2 years between the first MiG-31 CAD shots... and the actual kit. i remember it, at every announcement made... but feel no need to be upset!